2020 Explorer | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer

I believe the 2020 MY will be the start of the 6th generation Explorer.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I thought this was the full remodel, the refresh was 2016

You are right as Peter said. This is the all new model, aka 6th gen.

All new model with the Honda Accord interior.......

I believe the 2020 MY will be the start of the 6th generation Explorer.

Peter
This was posted by the Detroit Free Press today:
Ford Motor Co. confirmed Thursday that it will reveal the all-new 2020 Ford Explorer on the evening of Jan. 9 at Ford Field in Detroit.

This was posted by the Detroit Free Press today:
Ford Motor Co. confirmed Thursday that it will reveal the all-new 2020 Ford Explorer on the evening of Jan. 9 at Ford Field in Detroit.

If you post quotes, please post the link.

Let me clarify.. when someone posts a quote from a website or published article, it is their responsibility to include the link so appropriate credit is given to the writer/author.

Your link is not from the Detroit Free Press so it does not give credit for the OPs quote. It would be different if one said.. "it has been co firmed the 2020 Explorer will be shown on Jan 9th" that is ones own version. But a direct quote needs the article link it was copied from posted.

Your link is not from the Detroit Free Press so it does not give credit for the OPs quote.
===============================================================
If one clicks on the link a page appears with Detroit Free Press in large letters on
the upper left corner or the page. If one reads the first paragraph of the article one will find the sentence I posted. I went to the Detroit Free Press website to find this article independent of the link that DWD posted thinking maybe I was mistaken. I was not. This is the article from which I cited the quote I posted.
I am new here and still trying to figure our the rules. I apologize for my apparent violation. I don't make the same mistakes twice.

===============================================================
If one clicks on the link a page appears with Detroit Free Press in large letters on
the upper left corner or the page. If one reads the first paragraph of the article one will find the sentence I posted. I went to the Detroit Free Press website to find this article independent of the link that DWD posted thinking maybe I was mistaken. I was not. This is the article from which I cited the quote I posted.
I am new here and still trying to figure our the rules. I apologize for my apparent violation. I don't make the same mistakes twice.

You are right, I apologize. When I clicked the link, I saw freep.com and didn't notice the detroit free press in the title of the column.

Another short video;

Peter

Thanks Peter, I am scheduled to replace my 2014 in early 2021, looks like they should have any "kinks" worked out on the 6th gen. by then.
TB

I want to not hate the screen but it looks so much like an afterthought just tacked on like other manufacturers did until they could figure out how to more aesthetically incorporate it into the dash. It looks horrible, I am sad.

I think it looks a bit better than the one in the Aviator. I think there is a storage compartment behind it.

Peter

I want to not hate the screen but it looks so much like an afterthought just tacked on like other manufacturers did until they could figure out how to more aesthetically incorporate it into the dash. It looks horrible, I am sad.

The new Explorer was supposed to have a 12" vertical screen built in.. there are questions now on whether it is going to make it and if so, is it just the higher trims. Will know in a week...

what are the standard base features if anyone know?

what are the standard base features if anyone know?
Nothing has been announced on any packages/options yet that I am aware of. That may change after this week when it is revealed at the Detroit Auto Show.

Peter

Nothing has been announced on any packages/options yet that I am aware of. That may change after this week when it is revealed at the Detroit Auto Show.

Peter

I would think we’ll have most of the answers next week. What do you guys think any chance of a future performance V8 with the new platform? A Durango srt fighter!!

I would think we’ll have most of the answers next week. What do you guys think any chance of a future performance V8 with the new platform? A Durango srt fighter!!

Zero, no reason when the hybrid 3.0 is pushing 450hp and 600tq.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Zero, no reason when the hybrid 3.0 is pushing 450hp and 600tq.

I figured that would be the case. I’m definitely interested to see what that powertrain is capable of. The only reason I would think a V-8 instead is for a lesser cost and reliability.

Back