Where is the TCC fuse? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where is the TCC fuse?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, had that checked. Need a new tranny.

What was the result. I have the same codes and have to make a decision. So far, I am able to drive it no problem, just no O/D or 2nd gear.

Trying to figure out if I can drive it for a while in this condition, instead of making a fast decision...

What was the result. I have the same codes and have to make a decision. So far, I am able to drive it no problem, just no O/D or 2nd gear.

Trying to figure out if I can drive it for a while in this condition, instead of making a fast decision...

I'm going on a year driving it like that. Just be sure to always turn the OD off or it slipping trying to engage will overheat the transmission.

Ok, thank you! I will try to see if that will work. I did hit the button, but the O/D still flashed. Can't recall if it was before or after I put it in gear.

If it does not stop slipping after I turn off the O/D (hit the button on the shifter), then I should get it fixed?

Ok, thank you! I will try to see if that will work. I did hit the button, but the O/D still flashed. Can't recall if it was before or after I put it in gear.

If it does not stop slipping after I turn off the O/D (hit the button on the shifter), then I should get it fixed?

You have to turn the O/D off every time you start the vehicle. It resets every time it is turned off. What I do is turn the key to on, and turn it off before starting it as the light will not be flashing yet so the O/D like will come on solid indicating it is off, then I start it.

Thanks for clearing that up. Are you able to drive on a fast highway? I sometimes need to drive on a highway where most vehicles drive at 120 kms / 75 mph at minimum.

Thanks for clearing that up. Are you able to drive on a fast highway? I sometimes need to drive on a highway where most vehicles drive at 120 kms / 75 mph at minimum.

Ya, 70mph is about 3000RPM with my 3.73 axle. Which axle do you have?

Back