MFT Update V3.10 | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Update V3.10

They have the wrong update completion file in the package. Check your version...it will be 3.10
Jason, thank you! You are correct. Very glad to have this resolved. I hope all Mac, Apple Computer, Macintosh, iMac, MacBook users will read this, find a PC and perform the update using the FAT 32 method. Thank you to everyone who helped me work through this!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jason, thank you! You are correct. Very glad to have this resolved. I hope all Mac, Apple Computer, Macintosh, iMac, MacBook users will read this, find a PC and perform the update using the FAT 32 method. Thank you to everyone who helped me work through this!

I'm glad that you were finally successful with the update! A true team effort by you, Jason and me that was actually kind of fun to resolve. I'm in agreement that this thread is of some value with those that only have an Apple computer. It's also very clear that technology moves fast and this system is already semi antiquated and the update should have been much simpler to accomplish from any type of computer.

I'm glad that you were finally successful with the update! A true team effort by you, Jason and me that was actually kind of fun to resolve. I'm in agreement that this thread is of some value with those that only have an Apple computer. It's also very clear that technology moves fast and this system is already semi antiquated and the update should have been much simpler to accomplish from any type of computer.
Agree. I all of those types of Macs, just in case someone does a key word search. I am quite thankful for this forum because all of the google searches take your right back to the Ford website and they just don't offer enough detail to resolve this. I am grateful members like Peterk9 weigh in with their knowledge also.

I am grateful members like Peterk9 weigh in with their knowledge also.

Agreed that Peter is a clearinghouse of good information and knowledge that also directs many members to relevant threads to help solve their mechanical/electrical problems and/or issues.

Peter and cie; I'm on the ford site now and I cannot get the version sync 2 version 3.10. It is not available. It just says my sync is up to date.
My sync history
Date Confirmed:Nov 6, 2015
Version:SYNC2 - V3.8

#1 I find it unbelievable they haven't released updates since
#2 Why am I hearing conflicting stories than version 3.10 is available for some and not me.

thanks

The update should be available to you. The fact that the Ford site shows you are up to date, unfortunately, doesn't mean much anymore as several members have discovered. Check out post #15.

Peter

Thanks Peter, I was able to download it from post 15 and extract it to a FATthumb drive. Will try the upgrade tomorrow. Fred

Update. Once the files were copied to a usb drive, I inserted the drive is the USB port and the install started automatically. Numerous reboots later and after about 30 minutes I received confirmation the install was successful. One weird thing as you can see in the pics. The successful message says it was updated to version 3.8 but when I verify the versiob on sync it nows says 3.10. I’m glad it went well bur so far haven’t seen any difference. I hope it fixes 1 bug I’ve been having though.
Frédéric

Are there supposed to be pictures?

The camera options is neither working on my pc. There seems to be an issue on the site.

The camera options is neither working on my pc. There seems to be an issue on the site.
No one has reported any issue. You can try linking through Photobucket.

Peter

There has to be an issue. Its not working on a third pc. Can you upload pics?

There has to be an issue. Its not working on a third pc. Can you upload pics?
I can but I have the Elite Explorer membership ($20) so I am able to upload pics right from my computer by using the "Upload a File" tab. I have a feeling it's the process you're using since there have not been any complaints that I am aware of.

Peter

Updated MFT to version 3.10 and now no longer have the ford logo on the screen. Its just a black screen. Looks pretty dul. Anyone have the exact logo that I can upload to the MFT?
thanks
Fred

Updated MFT to version 3.10 and now no longer have the ford logo on the screen. Its just a black screen. Looks pretty dul. Anyone have the exact logo that I can upload to the MFT?
thanks
Fred

I just updated mine yesterday and had to go to the display settings and select the Ford logo to get it to show again.

owner.ford.com is all messed up right now. Finally had time to go download v3.10 and it no longer shows it being available, which when I checked a couple of weeks ago it said it was. Not only that it doesn't show anything under last confirmed update and when you click on full version history the last one it shows is the update to v3.5 in 2013. Which is funny, because I don't remember ever having that version and don't have a copy of it. I have had 3.0.2, 3.2.2, 3.6.2, and 3.8.0, but never 3.5. Weird.

So online it says i have version 2.11 installed and there is no update. Production date of the explorer is 9 2011 i believe.
My question is can i download 3.10 and update from 2.11?

So i just read in a eariler post that you need at least 3.5.1 to update to 3.10... does anybody know where i can get a copy of 3.5.1?
I just bought the car used and i dont believe there were any updates ever done to the sync.

Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So i just read in a eariler post that you need at least 3.5.1 to update to 3.10... does anybody know where i can get a copy of 3.5.1?
I just bought the car used and i dont believe there were any updates ever done to the sync.

Thank you
Best bet is just take it to a dealer to have it done.

Back