• Register Today It's free!

Need help with Sync

RonM25

Reaction score
City, State
Elon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Limited, 2013 XLT
First time poster, long time lurker with a question that I haven't been able to find an answer for. Two questions really.

1) Where is the Sync microphone in my 2008 Explorer Limited located? I can't find it.
2) Recently after years of working flawlessly my Sync can't understand my voice commands. Mainly all I use it for in this vehicle is placing calls. When I say a command such as "call home" I get a comment like choose 1 for phonebook for home, choose 2 for call Tom, choose 3 for phonebook Tom, choose 4 for.....
It's maddening and I get some odd looks when I am speaking very loudly and very slowly to my Sync.

Any ideas on what to do or where to look for answers would be much appreciated.

This is a great forum!

Thanks,
Ron

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your microphone is most likely located in the rear view mirror. Look along the top of the mirror, and you should see two small slotted bumps. If they're present, that's the mic. That's where it is on my 2010 Sport Trac Limited.

Your microphone is most likely located in the rear view mirror. Look along the top of the mirror, and you should see two small slotted bumps. If they're present, that's the mic.

Right you are sir. Thank you! I also deleted Sync from my phone and my phone from the system, rebooted everything, and paired them again. It seems to have helped as far as making calls go. Doesn't hurt that I now know where to direct my voice!

Thank you! I did that. My '08 is up to date but my wife's '13 needs doing. I appreciate the head's up.

Back