2020 Explorer | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer

My contacts at CAP say they are still pushing out 2019 orders, then CAP will close and retool for the 2020 Explorer and Aviator. Estimates are closing for March 2nd and hopefully, running prototype builds the first week of April. After my experience with a Job1 2011 Explorer going back under Lemon Law, I will be waiting for Job2 before I order a new 2020 ST.
I guess Ford hasn't updated their production schedule. https://www.donlen.com/buildstart-trucks-ford.html

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

According to the 2020 Ford Explorer Order Guide, a Mini Spare is standard equipment for all trim levels.

For more info, see the complete 2020 Ford Explorer Order Guide attached.

What is "Auto Hold"? It's under mechanical, standard equipment, above electric parking brake...does that mean the parking brake engages automatically?

It looks like 2nd row captain's chairs on everything except base, which I do not like. My dogs ride in the back seat. I need the bench.

What is "Auto Hold"? It's under mechanical, standard equipment, above electric parking brake...does that mean the parking brake engages automatically?

It looks like 2nd row captain's chairs on everything except base, which I do not like. My dogs ride in the back seat. I need the bench.

The bench is standard on the base, it is listed as option 17U on the XLT with 202A (but not 200A for some reason) and the Platinum. It isn't listed for either Limited or the ST. I would think it would be available on the Limited, but you never know. Probably have to wait until the full retail brochure is out to know.

Don't know for sure, but I'd guess Auto Hold equates to the transmission's "Park" position. The new Rotary Gear Shift Dial does not have a "P" on it, and the 2020 Explorer engages "Park" automatically when the engine is turned off. It's also possible that the parking pawl is engaged within the transmission whenever the Electric Parking Brake is engaged.

If auto hold on the Explorer is like what’s offered from other manufacturers... essentially it holds the brakes for you after you’ve come to a complete stop. So you can sit at a stoplight and not have to hold your foot on the brake pedal

Looking at the order guide, it does not appear that you can delete the rear buckets for the bench for the ST. I'm at my dealer now and it reads the same to him. I'm going to the Detroit Auto Show on Monday - he suggested posing that question there. Put me in a quandary as I like putting that bench down for our Lab. Seems not so good that that isn't a choice on the ST.

Looking at the order guide, it does not appear that you can delete the rear buckets for the bench for the ST. I'm at my dealer now and it reads the same to him. I'm going to the Detroit Auto Show on Monday - he suggested posing that question there. Put me in a quandary as I like putting that bench down for our Lab. Seems not so good that that isn't a choice on the ST.

Ford has already stated that bucket seats are the only option on the higher trims (ST and Platinum). Not sure on Limited.

Ford has already stated that bucket seats are the only option on the higher trims (ST and Platinum). Not sure on Limited.
Actually the order guide has a bench option for the Platinum....

ST pricing.. not sure why it is blurry on here. Starts at mid $46s.

20190118_143339.jpg

That's about $61,000 CDN at today's rate.

Wonder how much the ST Street Pack and Track Pack packages will be. My sales guy tried to get in computer but they aren't in their yet...

Yes they are, thats where I got these from. Had to delete and repost it properly.
Screenshot_20190118-144636_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Screenshot_20190118-144629_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

This one already has the track pack included. Loaded is $51k

Do you have pricing for the Limited models?

I dont work at a dealer. My connection in MI has it. He just ordered a blue one with the street package, all options but dvd.

So about $49k without dvd, should be around $46k OTD (I dont pay sales tax). Best part, I am not even ready to buy.. but he still ordered it, will sell it as stock if I dont buy it when it comes in.

That a darn shame if can't get the second row bench on the ST. Not sure why some mfg (Chevy Traverse as an example) don't just carry the bench up the trim levels. I really want/wanted to get an ST...but must have the second row bench.

I just confirmed, no bench for ST available.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Apparently the Track Pack will have more extras then whats listed in the order guide, bigger stainless brake lines, that sort of thing....I'm trying to get more info on exactly whats beefed up.

Back