Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Aviator Reserve 201A
Callsign
VE3
According to the Ford production schedule, initial orders are being accepted today. Prices still have not been released. Who will be the first here to submit an order?

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will be working with my dealership on purchasing the ST version. I am just not a fan of the front fascia and the rear doesn't impress me much. I love the fact that it is RWD based and has the 10 speed transmission. The engine is nice as well. Unfortunately, EcoHell has more power both with HP and TQ due to the LMS Power Level 2 Package. Anyone want to purchase a 2018 modded, 401a package, with just over 10k miles?

I will be working with my dealership on purchasing the ST version. I am just not a fan of the front fascia and the rear doesn't impress me much. I love the fact that it is RWD based and has the 10 speed transmission. The engine is nice as well. Unfortunately, EcoHell has more power both with HP and TQ due to the LMS Power Level 2 Package. Anyone want to purchase a 2018 modded, 401a package, with just over 10k miles?

I'm sure LMS is itching to get their hands on a 2020. If they are "cool" about it, maybe they'll let you use your tuner and just reprogram to the new one. :dunno:

ideally they'd let him be their guinea pig and pay him for the use of his car for tuning purposes.

Livernois already has tuning for the 3.0 so it should see very similar results. The continental with the 3.0 is below

Base: 334WHP/392WTQ

Stage 1 Tune: 387WHP/418WTQ

So roughly a 65hp increase (engine rated, not at the wheels) and a 30tq increase.

That would put the Explorer somewhere around 465hp and 445tq with a stage 1.

Hey guys we are for sure excited to see the new explorer. Yes we are not sure what we can get out of it until we get one here. Now as for your old device working on new 2020 explorer the answer is only touch screen tuners will work because of the switch to the 10 speed transmission the non-touch screen programmer cannot support the software and you would need to upgrade device. Now we do have a trade in credit of 100$ for old device if in working condition. My name is Jake let me know if you have any questions be glad to help and answer.

Hey guys we are for sure excited to see the new explorer. Yes we are not sure what we can get out of it until we get one here. Now as for your old device working on new 2020 explorer the answer is only touch screen tuners will work because of the switch to the 10 speed transmission the non-touch screen programmer cannot support the software and you would need to upgrade device. Now we do have a trade in credit of 100$ for old device if in working condition. My name is Jake let me know if you have any questions be glad to help and answer.

Come on guys you can do better than $100 trade-in credit especially for people that paid $600 just a couple years ago.......that's brutal! Barely covers the tax in some places.

Hey thanks for the response. Now unfortunately we cannot predict when a vehicle manufacturer is going to switch software. We would have switched earlier if we knew what they were going to be using. Now that we just released this one it should be good for some time but of course that will be up to the manufacturer. Also we are trying to figure out a way for a small fee you can tune multiple cars. I will also let you guys know when that is available. When we first introduced new tuner we did not have a trade in credit but we heard the customers so we introduced this. Please call me if you would like to talk further and I will always try my best to get you the best deal. 313-561-5500 ext 126

Looks like Ford will (slightly) delay production of Base and XLT trim levels for the 2020 Explorer. According to Donlen website update 27-Feb-2019:

"Base (K7B, K8B), XLT (K7D, K8D) will not schedule until June production (F1–F4) at the earliest due to 2020MY start-up restrictions."

FWIW, here's a link to the website where this info can be found: https://www.donlen.com/production-trucks-ford.html

Hey guys, I’m new to the forum and great to be with people who love their Explorer as much as me!
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
After you've read some of the posts you'll find a few members that don't love their Explorers but they are just a very small minority and have some justification. I'm on my 2nd one and hope to get a 2020 Platinum, price permitting.:)

Peter

2020 ST ordered ! Iconic Silver, Street Pack, Tech Package, Roof Crossbars, Mats, Etc. Hoping for a July delivery

2020 ST ordered ! Iconic Silver, Street Pack, Tech Package, Roof Crossbars, Mats, Etc. Hoping for a July delivery
Congratulations! I'm putting mine in in the next day or 2 as well. Looks like we will have a very similar build but I'm going red and I think it ST has special mats already? That was one of my big quandaries to be honest, lol! My sales guy has limited knowledge so would you mind explaining your reasoning behind changing mats? Very excited for the! Looking forward to your updates.

All vehicles come with carpeted mats. Perhaps these ordered 'mats' are actually 'liners'. I've replaced all mats in my vehicles with Husky liners for better protection.

Peter

Yes, 1st and 2nd row mats.

We're going to order in the next day or so. Street Pack, Crossbars like you but no Moonroof or Tech Package. A little bummed about Tech Package but my wife though the vertical screen was goofy looking. Now the color - we both seem to like Red, but that Atlas Blue is really nice too. Decisions....

We're going to order in the next day or so. Street Pack, Crossbars like you but no Moonroof or Tech Package. A little bummed about Tech Package but my wife though the vertical screen was goofy looking. Now the color - we both seem to like Red, but that Atlas Blue is really nice too. Decisions....

The Tech Package looks like it affects just three things: (1) front "Multicontour Seats with Active Motion," (2) ginormous Portrait Touchscreen, and (3) 2 more B&O speakers and maybe more watts (980) but can't find how many w/o the package.

I agree with your wife about the screen. I don't care about the speakers/watts, so all I want to know about is your opinion of the seats and whether there's any great loss in not getting the upgraded Multicoutour w/ Arse-Motion?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Tech Package looks like it affects just three things: (1) front "Multicontour Seats with Active Motion," (2) ginormous Portrait Touchscreen, and (3) 2 more B&O speakers and maybe more watts (980) but can't find how many w/o the package.

I agree with your wife about the screen. I don't care about the speakers/watts, so all I want to know about is your opinion of the seats and whether there's any great loss in not getting the upgraded Multicoutour w/ Arse-Motion?

She also said she doesn’t care about the massaging seats. I thought they might be nice as we take long road trips. Never could get them on the Sport. These packages.... sigh!

Back