2020 Explorer | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If Ford truly does honor that pricing that's awesome. If I didnt just lease a 19 Edge in October i would throw an order in for myself just because that's a steal. The only thing that I notice would be their way "out" is the part where it says this vehicle is not for sale.

If Ford truly does honor that pricing that's awesome. If I didnt just lease a 19 Edge in October i would throw an order in for myself just because that's a steal. The only thing that I notice would be their way "out" is the part where it says this vehicle is not for sale.

I talked to another person I am an acquaintance of..he is the ordering manager for the dealership he works at and confirmed it as well with me. So it is looking good at this point.

My wife and I drove to the Detroit Auto Show last night - really excited to see the Ford display. They didn't disappoint. Had a cool show every 30 min or so for the Ranger, Explorer and GT500 - nicely done.

The bad - they had four 2020 Explorers, none of which could be opened up. Disappointing as we are trying to figure out the rear captain seats and if they work for us. The hybrid was a cutaway model that kind of gave a visual.

Even worse - the Ford personnel working the show had no idea on my question (can one get an ST with a bench). They didn't even know the order guide was out. Have to say - Ford blew it in the salesperson category. The few they had appeared unapproachable and very disinterested. This was completely contrasted by the other brands - we chatted with several and they were engaged, friendly, etc. I wanted to see this new tailgate GMC has been advertising - the salesperson was really good - she knew her stuff and showed us all kinds of highlights to their new AT4 truck. I'm not a GM guy in the least but was impressed. Similar engagements at Acura, Toyota and Jeep.

My little rant for the morning - but if one is spending big bucks to show your wares, you should have knowledgable, engaged, and helpful salespeople working your area.

It appears that a bench seat is only an option on the XLT (202A package) and the Platinum. It's standard on the Base.

Peter

I went to the dealer yesterday to purchase my 2019 Sport, but asked out of curiosity how much the 2020 would cost. He said that he would have pricing for me today but expect it to be about $70k CDN.

According to the 2020 Ford Explorer Order Guide, a Mini Spare is standard equipment for all trim levels.

For more info, see the complete 2020 Ford Explorer Order Guide attached.
Has anyone seen an Aviator order guide yet? I have seen that today is the day they start taking orders.

My wife and I drove to the Detroit Auto Show last night - really excited to see the Ford display. They didn't disappoint. Had a cool show every 30 min or so for the Ranger, Explorer and GT500 - nicely done.

The bad - they had four 2020 Explorers, none of which could be opened up. Disappointing as we are trying to figure out the rear captain seats and if they work for us. The hybrid was a cutaway model that kind of gave a visual.

Even worse - the Ford personnel working the show had no idea on my question (can one get an ST with a bench). They didn't even know the order guide was out. Have to say - Ford blew it in the salesperson category. The few they had appeared unapproachable and very disinterested. This was completely contrasted by the other brands - we chatted with several and they were engaged, friendly, etc. I wanted to see this new tailgate GMC has been advertising - the salesperson was really good - she knew her stuff and showed us all kinds of highlights to their new AT4 truck. I'm not a GM guy in the least but was impressed. Similar engagements at Acura, Toyota and Jeep.

My little rant for the morning - but if one is spending big bucks to show your wares, you should have knowledgable, engaged, and helpful salespeople working your area.

Already confirmed and posted prior that no bench on an ST

I went to the dealer yesterday to purchase my 2019 Sport, but asked out of curiosity how much the 2020 would cost. He said that he would have pricing for me today but expect it to be about $70k CDN.
I think that quote is a bit unrealistic since you can get the 2019 Sport with buckets and console for around $56,650. I think a figure in the neighbourhood of $58,500 would be more realistic since the 2020 Base is reportedly only about $400 more than the 2019. You can get the Lincoln Nautilus for under $70k.

Peter

So i called my dealership last night and talked to the new vehicle sales manager, i showed him this thread and essentially what blwnsmoke told me. Despite his screenshot showing $ with 0's i brought up the question and he told me it would not be honored. He talked to his rep at Ford and they said because there is no pricing out yet, ford would not honor it.

They did say pricing will be out within 2 weeks, which will be when the chicago auto show is on. Im still placing my order with the tech package and street pack tomorrow, and hope it works out.

Already confirmed and posted prior that no bench on an ST

Yes, understood. I was hoping maybe it was typo and of course it likely isn't. Really odd move on Ford's part. Takes us out of looking at a new Explorer and onto other brands. We may end up holding on to our '17 for another year and see if they change the availability of a bench for the ST. I know we aren't the only ones in this predicament!

So i called my dealership last night and talked to the new vehicle sales manager, i showed him this thread and essentially what blwnsmoke told me. Despite his screenshot showing $ with 0's i brought up the question and he told me it would not be honored. He talked to his rep at Ford and they said because there is no pricing out yet, ford would not honor it.

They did say pricing will be out within 2 weeks, which will be when the chicago auto show is on. Im still placing my order with the tech package and street pack tomorrow, and hope it works out.

Willing to bet, Ford will not honor these orders with $0 cost.

Yes, understood. I was hoping maybe it was typo and of course it likely isn't. Really odd move on Ford's part. Takes us out of looking at a new Explorer and onto other brands. We may end up holding on to our '17 for another year and see if they change the availability of a bench for the ST. I know we aren't the only ones in this predicament!

x2...at least make in an option on the Limited.

Find another dealer, he's drunk!

Make that 3 wanting a bench 2nd row seating. Guess I will wait for the new
3 row Jeep Cherokee.

The trend of Captains chairs in the second row and no bench option in higher trims is frustrating as heck. Same goes for all the upper trims getting mandatory panoramic roof windows. I hope Ford packages options in a way that both top tech and seats can be had without turning the wagon into a minivan alternative.

My family is super sporty and active the bench 2nd row is the only way I’ll go. CC’s literally ruin the capability to haul stuff and 5 people. We camp and often have 5 people. A 2-2-2 seating configuration is literally crap!!!

Ok lets talk about this panoramic roof trend. I haul canoes, kayaks, a sail boat and often mountain bikes on the roof especially when towing our small camp trailer. Pedals, strap clips and other stuff often makes contact with the roof. The panoramic roof on my SUV would be destroyed within 4 weeks of buying it.

I sure hope Ford makes all that sedan and minivan BS optional.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The trend of Captains chairs in the second row and no bench option in higher trims is frustrating as heck.

Bench is available in the Platinum.

Same goes for all the upper trims getting mandatory panoramic roof windows.

Panoramic moonroof is optional on all trims but Platinum.

Ok lets talk about this panoramic roof trend. I haul canoes, kayaks, a sail boat and often mountain bikes on the roof especially when towing our small camp trailer. Pedals, strap clips and other stuff often makes contact with the roof. The panoramic roof on my SUV would be destroyed within 4 weeks of buying it.

Again, the panoramic roof is optional (except on Platinum Trim).

So i guess in your scensario.. the Limited and ST are out because you can't get a bench and the Platinum is out because the moonroof is standard. And I disagree with the moonroof getting destroyed.. I think it is quite the opposite. The Paint on the roof will get destroyed by all the stuff you mentioned hitting it. I havemt heard of one person on the forum in over 8 years complain about the moonroof getting destroyed.

Back