Lincoln Navigator 22’s on Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lincoln Navigator 22’s on Explorer

Travis904

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
I came across some really nice 22’s off of a 2015 Navigator at a price I just couldn’t pass up. I’ve ordered 5 lug to 6 lug adapters, the tire size on the new wheels are 285/45/22. I’ve been trolling this forum to find more info on this conversion but yet to find an exact swap. Any experience or useful information would be great. I’ll keep everyone updated how it turns out, photos etc.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Travis.:wave:
The generally accepted maximum diameter variance compared to the OEM size is 3%. If your OEM size is 245/60R18 then the size you are putting on is almost 3 times the maximum at 8.5%. That will put extra strain on the suspension and brake systems. It isn't something I would personally recommend. It would also likely affect the handling and stability controls systems of the vehicle and the ABS. I don't know if rubbing will be an issue. 245/60-R18 vs 285/45-R22 Tire Comparison - Tire Size Calculator | Tacoma World

Peter

Thank you for the input, I honestly have no idea how this will go. The other side to the coin is I have a 2018 F150 that they will fit perfectly or I could sell them for quadruple what I paid. Also can someone tell me how to post photos here :banghead:

I have an Elite Explorer membership ($20) so I post directly from my computer and haven't tried any other method. It also gets rid of a lot of ads. You can use a photo hosting site such as Photobucket and link your pictures. I think you can use the "Image" icon that shows on the top line when creating a post as well, but it's only a guess.
BTW, there are a few members that do run 22".
If interested in a membership see here; https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?account/upgrades

Peter

Thank you for the input, I honestly have no idea how this will go. The other side to the coin is I have a 2018 F150 that they will fit perfectly or I could sell them for quadruple what I paid.

I would just dump them for a profit. If you really want 22's, look into the 22's from a 12-14 edge sport. They share the same 5 lug pattern as the explorers and if you run a 255/40/22 they are only 1.3% difference in height from the stock tires.

Here is what they look like

FORD EDGE WHEEL RIM POLISHED BLACK

I’m not a fan of the adapters. I’d run them on the F150, or sell them.

I would just dump them for a profit. If you really want 22's, look into the 22's from a 12-14 edge sport. They share the same 5 lug pattern as the explorers and if you run a 255/40/22 they are only 1.3% difference in height from the stock tires.

Here is what they look like

FORD EDGE WHEEL RIM POLISHED BLACK

I run the Edge Sport 22’s with 285/40’s.

Back