Section525's Early Bronco Project - Lets try this again | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Section525's Early Bronco Project - Lets try this again

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nece rework on the dash.

Not all forum sellers are as quality as ours are.

I bought a glove box door to send to turdle to pc along with the dash. What showed up in the mail is a trunk lid from a submarine, I think.

gloveboxdoor.jpg

I already have a backup coming from another member. :cool:

I took my die grinder with an abrasive pad to it. It takes the surface rust off but its very pitted. Plus on the right side... those are pretty good scratches. I'll still try and get it pretty again and at least practice my paint skills on it. It might make a cool wall-hanger or something if I put a Bronco emblem on it.

A different member who offered to give me one after I had already sent payment for this one, took his off, ran to the PO, and shipped it out yesterday. That is a cool dood.

dang,:(
Did you try beadblasting it yet?

What a difference!

gloveboxdoor.jpg

dashprogress11.jpg

Its getting closer to its trip to KS. Just have to relocate the glove box door hinge holes, fill some holes I don't need, and swap around the ignition. :thumbsup:

dashprogress10.jpg

Might get some garage-time this weekend. :cool:

Did some work on this thing lately. First I got motivated to work on the dash again. I abandoned the other dash I started and just pulled the stocker out and modified it.

dash01.JPG

dash02.jpg

Cut cut cut

dash05.JPG

My big lil helper

dash06.jpg

Got some replacement ducting

Then I tackled the underhood wiring rats nest and went from this:
wiring2.jpg

to this:
wiring12.jpg

Next project? Maybe the family cage.

bender01.jpg

Swag air/hydraulic conversion bracket

..:scratch:...That must be the neighbors kid...Your kid's can not be that big already..:eek:

..I'll buy that swag bracket off ya for $20..:D

Nice work, should be a cool trail cruiser when you get done:thumbsup:

I like it! I would love to own a EB and was looking for one when I bought my EX. I didnt have the cash to buy a EB in good enough condition to use as a daily driver and weekend warrior, so I bought the EX. One day I will buy a really nice EB. I asked for it for my 35 or 36 bday, so fingers are crossed!

The Bronco made an appearance in this year's Christmas card shoot. I've done a little work to the Bronco since I last posted. I'll have to update it when I get some good pics of the interior. But for now:

Attachments

• _DSC6864.jpg
    _DSC6864.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 340
  • _DSC6468.jpg
    _DSC6468.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 329
  • _DSC6495.jpg
    _DSC6495.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 321
  • mjEqIMIRuhh-gdKYP5koIA4MjN9iMqv3s9aib2idP_I.jpg
    mjEqIMIRuhh-gdKYP5koIA4MjN9iMqv3s9aib2idP_I.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 323

Great pics :thumbsup:

I blew the head gasket in this thing a couple months back while coming back from taking the kids to school. Luckily it happened on the way home and not in the school parking lot. It was a white smoke show coming out the exhaust. This motivated me to hurry and find a donor Explorer for the 5.0 and 4r70w swap. Now that I found one.. I'm afraid I fell in love with it and won't be able to tear it apart. But we'll see!!

I took the head off to see what's going on and possibly repair it to get me by for a few more months. Looks like #4 cylinder did the deed.

IMG_9804.jpg

The motor obviously needs a lot of love anyway. It leaks from about everywhere it can. It's hard to start on cold mornings. It can definitely use a good clean-up if I'm going to try and milk it for a few more miles/months.

On a good note - I did install the family cage a couple years ago. A local builder who is BIG in the bronco world did it for me. Fits like a glove.

IMG_3270.JPG

I learned to drive on a '71 the exact same color:thumbsup:

I see nice 5.0 Explorers down here for cheap all the time. Just snag another one.

See... BAM $900 bucks!
99 ford explorer

Way to hang on to this rig, their value is skyrocketing!!

Bought some bandaids and gaskets and got this thing back on the road (not shown) after being in the garage for 5 months! :eek:

I threw the hardtop back on so now I can DD it while I collect more parts! Feels good to have the whole stable running again.

F345A503-EC32-45EC-9DBD-7225CDE6F925.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

classic

Back