2016 sport 100k miles, what to look for? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 sport 100k miles, what to look for?

quicker1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 sport
guys,

looking at a 2016 sport for wife. 100k miles. serviced at ford dealer (confirmed). new brakes all around.

What would I be looking for, nervous of that will need replacement at this mileage? rear suspension bushings? shocks, struts?

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fear the water pump.

Shocks and struts, strut mount, rust on door jambs and rear gate, front hood corrosion. Limited rear seat room - not good if you have two kids in seats. Not sure about the turbos, but at some point will need some work. Water pump as previously mentioned.

Honestly, nice looking cars, but they aren't going to last 15 years in northern climates with salt.

guys,

looking at a 2016 sport for wife. 100k miles. serviced at ford dealer (confirmed). new brakes all around.

What would I be looking for, nervous of that will need replacement at this mileage? rear suspension bushings? shocks, struts?

thanks
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Check out this thread; Buying used Explorer - things to look out for? and in particular the link in post #3.

Peter

That's a lot of miles for a 2016. My 2016 has 37,000. I'd stay away from one with that many miles.

That's a lot of miles for a 2016. My 2016 has 37,000. I'd stay away from one with that many miles.
I think the member meant to say 100 km. ;)

Peter

My 2016 Sport has 78,555 miles on it as of this morning.

I think the member meant to say 100 km. ;)

Peter
no it has 100k miles on it. not scared of high mighlaege in general. put 240k miles on my expedition. just wondering what needs love in the explorers. thanks for the comments and advice

no it has 100k miles on it. not scared of high mighlaege in general. put 240k miles on my expedition. just wondering what needs love in the explorers. thanks for the comments and advice
Your expedition and this generation of explorer couldn’t be further apart. Tying to get 250k out of this generation expect a water pump, PTU issues, or a turbo rebuild if it has them. I’d count on at LEAST one high ticket item.

Back