steveatthebeach

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT
Callsign
K4IQX
In my 2014, it has a semi long sloping windshield exposing that big dash and creating a metric butt ton of reflection on the windshield. Does anyone have any experience with a non-reflective dashboard cover?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you been using any kind of polish or protectant on the dash Steve? I haven't noticed this issue as a big problem in any of the last 3 vehicles I've driven.

Peter

Have you been using any kind of polish or protectant on the dash Steve? I haven't noticed this issue as a big problem in any of the last 3 vehicles I've driven.

Peter

No, I'm not a fan or Armor All or other dashboard protectants. I just know about the reflection/glare issues from driving the wife's Edge.

We bought a dashboard cover for our 97' F-150. It was made of velour & have had it for more than the 19 yrs we have had the same 97' F-150! However we bought it at a "flea market" in Austin, TX. We were also able to get it embroidered with our last name. Looks freaking cool. I am very interested in buying one for my 15' Explorer Limited! Just for protection, no issues with glare/reflection.

I got the "Dash-Mat" brand for my EX and I think it works great to cut down on the glare/reflection. I don't really notice any glare and definitely have a lot of sunny days here in the Phoenix area blasting threw that front windshield.

I got the "Dash-Mat" brand for my EX and I think it works great to cut down on the glare/reflection. I don't really notice any glare and definitely have a lot of sunny days here in the Phoenix area blasting threw that front windshield.

Can you put a link to where you got it? I have seen a couple online but am still not sure which one to buy.

My 2018 Explorer Platinum and I are moving to Arizona in a few weeks. As much as I hate to add a dash mat, I think it’s going to be necessary. Anybody have a dash mat on their 5th gen that could snap some pics and/or give me the product details and a brief review? Haven’t had any luck finding either pics or reviews specific to the Explorer.

^^ Your thread was merged with this one on the same topic found using the 'Search' function.

Peter

Moving to Phoenix in a few weeks. Do you mind sharing some pics of the dash mat?

Back