2020 Explorer | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer

I'm thinking the track pack brakes have larger rotors and/or calipers and they are not equipped to install them on the assembly line, hence the dealer installed in the order guide.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I realize that information is hard to come by so far... but...that's what forums are for... to help each other share what we uncover....

Adding to my list of ST performance questions (hopefully that we will get answers to someday) . What does the Twin turbo HP/TQ curves look like?

I realize that information is hard to come by so far... but...that's what forums are for... to help each other share what we uncover....

Adding to my list of ST performance questions (hopefully that we will get answers to someday) . What does the Twin turbo HP/TQ curves look like?

I'll let you know as soon as Livernois puts mine on the dyno.. :laugh:

Got this today lets see how good my info is.

USD

Explorer ST MSRP $54,740
Track Pack $1595
Street Pack $995
DVD HeadRests $1995
Block Heater $90

Track Pack $1595
Street Pack $995

So if we buy Track pack, we do not have to buy Street pack? or do we need to purchase one to be eligible for another? 600 difference, I would rather just get the track pack to stop a couple of seconds earlier if I had to.

I'm thinking the track pack brakes have larger rotors and/or calipers and they are not equipped to install them on the assembly line, hence the dealer installed in the order guide.

I hope it is all of the above. Larger rotors, brakes, calipers. Maybe even some other minor details.

Since the street and track packs come with the same wheels and tires, my guess is the suspension is the same also. From what I gather the only difference between the two is the brakes, and the $600 price tag.

Track Pack $1595
Street Pack $995

So if we buy Track pack, we do not have to buy Street pack? or do we need to purchase one to be eligible for another? 600 difference, I would rather just get the track pack to stop a couple of seconds earlier if I had to.
It's one or the other or neither. It's shown on the Order Guide.

Peter

I traded in my '17 Explorer a few months ago and I miss it for the most part. As of now, I am planning to get a '20 as long as it has one thing the '17 didn't--a foot rest for my left foot. That drove me absolutely crazy, especially on longer trips. It sounds lame (to me) but if the '20 doesn't have one I won't buy it. Does anybody have any info or seen any pics of the interior that would reveal this?

Not crazy. That's why my 2015 was my last Explorer. Couldnt get comfortable no matter how I tried because there was no where for my foot to go comfortably. Switched to a 2016 MKX and when I went to replace that one same problem so I did an Edge this time.

Regarding crash rating it would be engineering/design suicide to design a ground up family hauler that gets piss poor crash ratings. I would hope Ford knows that. If they don’t then its a really easy decision on my part to skip it.

Since the street and track packs come with the same wheels and tires, my guess is the suspension is the same also. From what I gather the only difference between the two is the brakes, and the $600 price tag.

I always considered brakes as part of the safety but if we can get better brakes for 600 bucks. I guess the track pack it is then.

I always considered brakes as part of the safety but if we can get better brakes for 600 bucks. I guess the track pack it is then.

I feel the same way, I paid 3K extra to get the big brakes on my mustang. And it wasn't easy to get, Ford only built 606 convertibles with the performance pack in 17.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm guessing (guess only) .. we'll see once Ford releases more details . Going to be very similar to 2019 Edge ST (which is actually a little porkier)....
Brembo / PowerStop ...
Street
  • Front: (345x32mm) rotor; no cross drilling; not floating; vented; 48mm dual piston
  • Rear: (315x19mm) rotor; no cross drilling; not floating; no venting; 38mm single piston
Police version (track)
  • same as above but higher carbon iron rotors (perhaps a little larger diameter)
  • better pads

Back