• Register Today It's free!

Body mount bushings

tcruarceri

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 xlt awd 5.0
Piecing together a body lift kit as it seems like the old go to solutions for a 2 inch kit are gone...
Ordered 10 x 2x3 inch blocks and the hardware sized I found listed here (10 grade 8 bolts cost more than the lift blocks but that’s how it goes I guess)....
assuming at least some of my almost 20 year old body mount bushings are shot... anyone know of a reliable source for a prothane replacement or similar. Rockauto lists doorman’s at 30 a piece, which would add an awful lot to the cost of this.

Found this for a sport track, how similar are the body mount bushings?
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ptp-6-116/overview/year/2005/make/ford/model/explorer-sport-trac

And these were the notes I found on bolt sizes:

6 Bolt (12mm x 160mm)

2 Bolt (12mm x 180mm)

2 Bolt (12mm x 200mm)

10 Washer, USS (7/16”)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you, have you tried these out? Guess that’s about as cheap as I can hope for.

No, but I recently SCORED a kf04015kv kevlar infused Sport Trac body mount kit for $68 shipped from Amazon. These normally sell for around $150 so it never hurts to price around. Wasn't looking for the kevlar mounts, but the price was too good to pass up. I'll install them when my crumbling OE orange foam mounts I replaced four years ago start bottoming out on the cab. Daystar's poly kits were available for Explorers long before Prothane's, and they been have installed without issues.

How To: Replace Body Mount Bushings with the Daystar Kit KF04009

NO. Daystar kf04009bk kit is made for your vehicle. Sport Trac only has 8 vs. 10 mount locations for your 2000 XLT.
In addition there are body mount height differences between the two. Use the kf04009bk kit designed for your vehicle.

BTW, no surprise Amazon's pic of the Daystar kf04015bk kit is wrong showing 10 mounts. Here's the correct pic:
Body Mount Bushing Kit | Ford Explorer Sport Trac 01-05

Thanks, missed that you had a sport trac

Good to hear feedback on the DST dfm002 kit for 2001-03 two-door Sports. They look like Prothane's body mounts.

Long as the OP sees this in the details:
This kit is designed for the 2 Door Sport Model Only.

No, but I recently SCORED a kf04015kv kevlar infused Sport Trac body mount kit for $68 shipped from Amazon. These normally sell for around $150 so it never hurts to price around. Wasn't looking for the kevlar mounts, but the price was too good to pass up. I'll install them when my crumbling OE orange foam mounts I replaced four years ago start bottoming out on the cab. Daystar's poly kits were available for Explorers long before Prothane's, and they been have installed without issues.

How To: Replace Body Mount Bushings with the Daystar Kit KF04009

Great score on that Kevlar body kit. I bought one a couple years ago from an eBay seller who had them unboxed and priced around $90. I got them planning to buy the individual components to make it work for my 4dr. They do sell(or did then) the pieces separately, I think it was going to be another $40 to make a set to work. They don't make a Kevlar kit for the 4dr, or they didn't then.

First post - wohoo. Does anyone know where to find rubber body mount bushings? I'm looking to preserve the original ride quality. I've been looking off and on for a few months and only ever see polyurethane.

Rock auto has rubber replacement bushings but I don’t remember seeing 5he front mount which I think is different.

Some of the hardware I ordered is only threaded 2-3 inches. I will have to return and reorder I think, not sure how much of it needs to be threaded.

Does anyone know where to find rubber body mount bushings? I'm looking to preserve the original ride quality. I've been looking off and on for a few months and only ever see polyurethane.

Rock auto has rubber replacement bushings but I don’t remember seeing 5he front mount which I think is different.
Truck Parts and Truck Accessories

Dorman and RockAuto list only list the #1 radiator support. Haven't seen 1995-01 rubber mounts for positions 2 thru 5 yet.
Dorman Products - 924-051

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/mercury,1998,mountaineer,5.0l+v8,1305212,body,body+mount,673

I'm looking to preserve the original ride quality.
Your not giving up anything.

Back