2020 Explorer | Page 27 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer

I love my Explorer, but as excited as I am for the 2020 ST, I can't justify spending the $60k. That's Expedition/Suburban money.

Lol, no it isnt. I oriced out a Limited Expedition knon max) and it was 75k. You get option them into the 80s easily.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lol, no it isnt. I oriced out a Limited Expedition knon max) and it was 75k. You get option them into the 80s easily.

Thanks for the clarification. BTW a Suburban Premier is $67k MSRP.

Thanks for the clarification. BTW a Suburban Premier is $67k MSRP.

It is crazy how expensive this stuff has become. Inremember back in 2011 when I was pricing out my Explorer. A loaded expedition was mid $50k

It is crazy how expensive this stuff has become. Inremember back in 2011 when I was pricing out my Explorer. A loaded expedition was mid $50k

I remember my father buying his 03 Suburban ZL1 for mid $50k's.

I would love, love, LOVE to have an Explorer ST, but as I said, I can't justify that. May try to grab an 17-18 Sport at some point.

Just noticed they moved the fuel filler to the driver's side on the 2020 Explorer.

All 5th-generation Explorers have passenger-side fuel fillers, so if you're transitioning from 5th-gen to 6th-gen, you'll have to remember to drive to the right side of the gas pump to refuel when you get your 2020.

Just noticed they moved the fuel filler to the driver's side on the 2020 Explorer.

All 5th-generation Explorers have passenger-side fuel fillers, so if you're transitioning from 5th-gen to 6th-gen, you'll have to remember to drive to the right side of the gas pump to refuel when you get your 2020.
Thanks Cliff Clavin

Not a fan of driver's side fuel filler. I always feel cramped opening my door since I don't park in the middle of the lane. In theory, it might be more convenient not having to walk around. Right side fuel filler is more of a norm for American cars but there is no hard-fast rule.

Or just look down at the little arrow to remind yourself (I still do that every time because my f350 is opposite the Explorer and I never remember lol)

That was mentioned a few months ago in another thread. The side of the fuel filler door is shown in the instrument cluster but yes, you still have to remember it as well.

Peter

Sorry if this has been asked already but does anyone know if Ford will be leasing the ST models? I’m only skeptical because now it will be part of the Ford Performace family. I own a 2017 Raptor and I know Ford won’t lease them. Was hoping to lease an ST Explorer for my wife and trade in her 2017 Ex Sport.

Welcome to the Forum Frank.:wave:
I don't see a reason for Ford not to lease them. There hasn't been any news on that that I've come across. You can lease the 2019 Edge Performance vehicle.

Peter

Thanks. Sounds like it will still be above 6,000 lbs GVWR then. Important for those business owners looking to use Section 179 to purchase.

Has anyone seen any info on GVWR? I now see a Ford document that says the ST has a curb weight of 4,701 lbs. Not sure how that will translate to GVWR presuming six passengers, cargo, etc.. I'm thinking >6K lbs.

Has anyone seen any info on GVWR? I now see a Ford document that says the ST has a curb weight of 4,701 lbs. Not sure how that will translate to GVWR presuming six passengers, cargo, etc.. I'm thinking >6K lbs.

Today, my sales guy gave me a copy of Ford's vehicle status report on the 2020 Explorer Platinum I ordered on Feb. 20. It's a six-page document and in addition to production status, it contains the many "features" that will be included when the vehicle is built. Among the features listed is "6110 Lb. Gvw."

Thus, I'd say that means the GVWR of the 2020 Ford Explorer Platinum will be 6,110 pounds.

BTW, the status of my 2020 Platinum is "In Order Processing; Unscheduled -- Clean."

Today, my sales guy gave me a copy of Ford's vehicle status report on the 2020 Explorer Platinum I ordered on Feb. 20. It's a six-page document and in addition to production status, it contains the many "features" that will be included when the vehicle is built. Among the features listed is "6110 Lb. Gvw."

Thus, I'd say that means the GVWR of the 2020 Ford Explorer Platinum will be 6,110 pounds.

BTW, the status of my 2020 Platinum is "In Order Processing; Unscheduled -- Clean."

It will stay as that status until May.

I'm not sure how, but I was behind a 2020 explorer this morning. How is this possible???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back