Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only) | Page 28 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

I tried mine with the hood open - it gives out a short honk, so not what you are experiencing. Perhaps you have some codes or check engine light that would prevent a start? or parking brake on?
ried both, with parking brake and w/o. No codes, no check engine

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Range Test Completed on the basic remote start: On a 2013 Police Utility with 4 button key fob/key, parked on the street, no obstacles in the way, vehicle facing away from me. Extra antenna would be the antenna from I think an Edge that plugs into the TPMS in the center console.
With Extra Antenna installed: 50'
Without Extra Antenna: 55' (seemed to reach just a little further steps than the extra antenna)
With Avital aftermarket remote start: 350'

Hold the remote against your skin under your chin. It will extend the range of your remote. I never measured how much it extends it but it works. Mine worked on 41st street from just about 7th ave across 8th ave and up to the 5th floor of the roof on the Port Authority Parking Garage using that method. That has to be better than a thousand ft.

noticed today, that it makes no different if the hood is open or not. In both cases, i heared the "click" and the parkings lamps was on

i got also no warning, if the hood is open in display. What can that be???

Maybe it's time to visit the dealer or a shop that specializes in this type of work.

Peter

inept remark!
When i check the wiring diagram, i can see, that the hood switch is conected to ground, the other wire to the BCM Pin 2. Can it be, that i have to set anything in the BCM via UCDS about the switch?

inept remark!
When i check the wiring diagram, i can see, that the hood switch is conected to ground, the other wire to the BCM Pin 2. Can it be, that i have to set anything in the BCM via UCDS about the switch?
The remark is anything but "inept". It seems that you have done/tried everything possible to get the remote start to work, even with the help of other members and you still haven't resolved the issue. My suggestion was made to inform you of an other direction/option that may get it working, if possible. But if you wish to keep posting and asking for help, that is your prerogative and I wish you luck.

Peter

Sorry. May you're right. But I'm a lil bit desperate about that.
I'll try to set anything in the BCM

This topic was started with the thought of providing members here information to educate themselves and their dealer or other officially equipped Ford vendors for enabling remote start in their Explorer. If you are using unauthorized software and wish to publicly post about that and issues related to it please start a separate thread. I appreciate that responses be limited to the official/authorized Ford process.

Thank you.

Hold the remote against your skin under your chin. It will extend the range of your remote. I never measured how much it extends it but it works. Mine worked on 41st street from just about 7th ave across 8th ave and up to the 5th floor of the roof on the Port Authority Parking Garage using that method. That has to be better than a thousand ft.

Thanks bud, I tried this a couple of times and it seems to work, I gotta be honest, I was skeptical, ;) , however I'll take what I can get!
Stay Safe, Cheers

Thanks bud, I tried this a couple of times and it seems to work, I gotta be honest, I was skeptical, ;) , however I'll take what I can get!
Stay Safe, Cheers
There are many articles on this method and why it works on the Internet.

Peter

Stay Safe, Cheers
No problem. I'm glad it works.Pete I never researched it on the web, I will have to do that. A milenial I work with told me about it. I was skeptical also until I tried it.

So I just bought my 2014 explorer XLT a week ago and have been looking at getting the remote start setup and just decided to go through my information center on the car and there is a tab for remote start so I went into it and it says system with a check mark. This means that it is already enabled correct? Just verifying since I only received a 3 button IKT with the car when we purchased it. Thanks for any information.

So I just bought my 2014 explorer XLT a week ago and have been looking at getting the remote start setup and just decided to go through my information center on the car and there is a tab for remote start so I went into it and it says system with a check mark. This means that it is already enabled correct? Just verifying since I only received a 3 button IKT with the car when we purchased it. Thanks for any information.
Send me your VIN and I’ll check to see if it had it from the factory.

My understanding is yes, that is what that means. I believe that what the dealer has to do with their scanner/programmer is enable remote start and then that option appears in the settings. Even if Exploder82 tells you it's not factory, to me it seems it is turned on.

Send me your VIN and I’ll check to see if it had it from the factory.
I have a buddy that works at a ford dealer checking on that I gave him a shout after i made the post he’s checking the VIN, thanks.

Post removed, I missed to OP's post regarding the discussion of software I was not aware that was objectionable.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have 2013 xlt, enabled RS via forscan (easy), bought 2 keys on amazon for 70$, paid 10$ to cut it and programmed myself (read manual)

Back