• Register Today It's free!

Radio/speaker issue

Ryo

Reaction score
City, State
Levittown PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer Sport
Hey guys so I have an 01 sport and the rear speakers sound blown out, which I’m sure will be an easy replacement but what concerns me is that my passenger front speaker is so much louder than my driver side. If I fade the radio to the driver side I can barely hear it with the volume all the way up and once I start fading towards the middle the passenger side comes on a lot louder. The CD player jams as well. Anyone else have a similar problem? Could this be a problem with the radio itself or a wiring issue? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That speakers could be blown as well. This original? May be time to dump it & go aftermarket.

Yeah, I agree it’s probably blown as well. Aftermarket replacements are cheap enough. I’d replace all 4 with matching speakers, or spend the same amount of money and spend more for just a good pair for the front.

My driver's side front recently started doing this (if it makes sound at all, I haven't checked that closely yet), and I assume it is a frayed wire in the door hinge area boot, partially because wires so easily fray there and partially because I seldom turn the radio up loud. I could be wrong, but that's where I'm going to check first when I finally get around to it, probably not till spring.

Are there only 4 speakers in the sport? Do you know what sizes they are? Thanks.

Should be 6x8s all around. I’d consider 5 1/4s or 6 1/2s if you want the most options.

Back