FROADER's 1991 Eddie | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FROADER's 1991 Eddie

Look at all that green! Looks nice out there. How'd Jr. do on the bike?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Look at all that green! Looks nice out there. How'd Jr. do on the bike?
This spot is a little different than Truckhaven. In a valley near the 78 and S2.
Wesley did awesome once he remembered to use the brake... He crashed a couple of times going too fast and not being able to handle it. :)

Downloading pics and vid to the puter, now.

I am probably going out there in a week or two for a overnight to test out my new tent and camp set up for expedition type runs. Nice high desert area.

Small update.

I found some Best Buy gift cards (between 4-6 years old) and got a new head unit and speakers. The stockers were completely blown out, so this sounds a lot better.

IMG_1213.jpg
IMG_1215.jpg
IMG_1220.jpg

So I had a pretty bad driveline vibe on acceleration, and when I had my brakes done, I asked them to check it out. They said it was in the diff and that it would cost $1700 for them to fix it... They wanted $810 for a used axle and $900 for labor to put it in. Obviously I told them to pound sand, and sent texts out to some of my Explorer peeps.

I first text @Stic-o last weekend to see if he or his dad had an extra one laying around and that's as far as I needed to go. Of course Norm had one with 3.73s and only wanted $100 for it. :) Steve offered to go get it from his dad's house and said I could go to his house so we could swap it.

I headed up there today and we (read: Steve) got to work.

IMG_1225.jpg

Penny was a big help by getting my black sweatshirt white...
IMG_1226.jpg
IMG_1228.jpg

My dumb ass didn't think to get new u-joints while I was at it, which would have been a good time. There is still a slight vibe, and Steve and I are both guessing that's the rest of the issue. The vibe is 90% gone now though, and I can't thank Steve and Norm enough for the help and the killer deal on the axle. :)

I'll get it to the shop this week for the joints, and it should be good to go!

The windows will be tinted next Saturday morning. :afro:

Good ol’ stic. :chug:

What comes after joints and tint?

Anything left from Paul B's Explorer part out? If that front end hasn't sold you should grab it!

Good ol’ stic. :chug:

What comes after joints and tint?
Radius arm bushings and exhaust. There are a bunch of holes in the tail pipe (after the muffler), and then just drive it for a couple of years, until I can build it.

Anything left from Paul B's Explorer part out? If that front end hasn't sold you should grab it!
It's a DD for a while, then it will get the D60 and 10.5. Although, if the Atlas ends up not going to who wanted it, I'm going to snag that for sure!

It will end up looking similar to Josh's when I'm done, and I'll be beating the snot out of it. :)

u83Xvkz.jpg

Want an OEM subwoofer closure (and amps but no woofer or grill)? I can bring to Moab in May and someone from Cali can bring it back.

Want an OEM subwoofer closure (and amps but no woofer or grill)? I can bring to Moab in May and someone from Cali can bring it back.
If nobody from CA is going, maybe Rick could get it and I'll see him at Truckhaven sometime after that. If not, no worries. I'll see if I can make something happen, which would be great. Thanks for offering that!

Tell Steve and Matt they have to go to pick it up for you :)

I wish I could make Moab this year. Unfortunately just not in the cards.

Same... maybe if the Navajo was ready I'd be pushing a lot harder to go, but the fact I sold my truck and camper really doesn't inspire the trip either. But like Matt said, not in the cards.

@FROADER glad it's working better, and happy to help. It was good to get out and wrench after being stuck inside hiding from the Rain the last few months. I mean this is So. Cal.

I might have a tan sub grill. PM me if you want me to look for it...

I might have a tan sub grill. PM me if you want me to look for it...
Sorry, I forgot to reply! I appreciate it, but I'm good, thanks.

So, the windows were tinted last weekend, and this weekend I'm working on getting the tan/chrome to black. I hope to have time to finish it up tomorrow, but here is what I have so far.

Ah the Gen I, such a good looking vehicle, started all this craziness! Way to bring another one back!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you get the ABS sensor fixed?

Back