What did YOU do to your Explorer today? | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did YOU do to your Explorer today?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i did a bit of finishing touches on a couple projects on the x today
got the exhaust redone from the flange ( i think thats what its called ) just after the cat. converter. bought a brush guard, took my hitch off and started cleaning the rust off and primered the drop hitch. plan to go pay for the 302 from a mustang and all the components for the swap in about an hour.
DSC_0042.JPG

It was yesterday but i changed my trans fluid and secured one touch module inside drivers door and adjusted striker bolt

update: today i got the np203 tcase, drivlines, and the 302 and tranny out of a classic 69 mustang or so im told , motor and tranny for 100$. tcase drivelines coil springs and coil buckets, 120$ new to me engine stand for 55$, next payday, getting the rebuild kits for motor and tranny

Im super stoked

Installed some 245 75 16s and finished wiring up my walmart auxiliary lights xD

Then took it for a 2hr drive... Which is the longest drive since I have "completed" the engine swap... Which was my first swap lol

20181202_135733_HDR.jpg

20181202_150754_HDR.jpg

20181202_151603_HDR.jpg

Fuel filter then did some 4x4ing

Cant upload videos here tho lol

Snapchat-696544541.jpg

Threw in a new steering gearbox in Stripe (Ford original had enough slop that I looked like a drunk driver trying to shift and change lanes, lol) and fixed my cruise control (dump valve was missing after the conversion, just plugged the vacuum port on the cc servo).

Let's hear what you accomplished today!

I'll start!

Balmy high of 20 today, so I figured I would take advantage of it and try to get my heater working.

Drained coolant -> looks like a new radiator/heatercore/hoses is in my future
Replaced t-stat
Replaced serpentine belt, tensioner and idle pulley
Removed smashed headlight bucket/bezel
Removed broken door card
Repaired drivers window bushings
Replaced drivers door pins -> scratched some paint :thumbdwn:

New car that my grandfather gifted me; this forum has been a great help while I wait on my service manuals to show up.

So...?
towed it to the shop to have the heads pulled, possible engine swap...then went to lunch with the kids. In my Gen2 Exploder.

i did a bit of finishing touches on a couple projects on the x today
got the exhaust redone from the flange ( i think thats what its called ) just after the cat. converter. bought a brush guard, took my hitch off and started cleaning the rust off and primered the drop hitch. plan to go pay for the 302 from a mustang and all the components for the swap in about an hour.View attachment 164432

If it were me I would put the stuck caps back on those tires, unless you don't have them.
also, is there a lift on that ex? or just larger tires? looks mean.

:pics:

I've always wanted to use that^^
I missed my chance.

Installed new headlight housings. Will have to go back in there because both of the little bulbs were burned out and I don’t have any here. I’ll pick up a 10 pack since I need 2 for the interior map lights as well

Went back in today and replaced the 2 bulbs on the front corner lights.
Need to chase down a transmission leak

Dropped a new set of 4-Way speakers in and fixed the rear window motors the other day.

index.php

If it were me I would put the stuck caps back on those tires, unless you don't have them.

thank you, yes, it has the 2" coil spacers in the front and extended shackles in the rear, she's sittin on 32/11.5R15, stock caps are back on lol, i forgot to put em on after i was finished. just put the new to me cargo rack on today and in the middle of replacing the dash light bulbs, big ol pain in the butt

thank you, yes, it has the 2" coil spacers in the front and extended shackles in the rear, she's sittin on 32/11.5R15, stock caps are back on lol, i forgot to put em on after i was finished. just put the new to me cargo rack on today and in the middle of replacing the dash light bulbs, big ol pain in the butt

DSC_0337.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This past weekend was replacing the fused link to my highbeam spotlights (100W) that melted during this past hunting season. Also worked up the parts list for the front suspension rebuild I'll start later this Spring. Will include new front springs as they are currently sagging badly.

Back