Looking for lift info for 1998explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for lift info for 1998explorer

BillyAnglo

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 explorer xlt 4.0
i own a 1998 explorer xlt 4.o 4x4
and i cant find any suspension lifts online ?
can someone direct me to a company that offers lifts

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum.

Try using the search bar in the upper right corner or look in some of the forum sub sections for various threads on lift kits.

Welcome to the Forum!

To help, I renamed, and moved this thread to the Modified 95-01 2nd gen section. Should get more views and interests in this section. There are specific sections for lifts and mods, but this will get you started in the right direction, for now.

There are 3 lifts, body lift and a couple possible suspension kits,,

body lift requires work to make fit,, ,
1998-2000 Ford RANGER SPLASH / EDGE (MANUAL TRANS REQUIRES 3700) - Performance Accessories

Suspension,, requires work to make fit,,
5in Ford Ranger Lift Kit (98-11)

Superlift has a kit when available,, usually through a resaler like Summit or 4wheel parts,, i did a search but couldn't find one
What do you mean need work to fit im looking a Jack up my 2001 sport and everyone says not. To torsion twist so full kit it is

What do you mean need work to fit im looking a Jack up my 2001 sport and everyone says not. To torsion twist so full kit it is
I did the TT and Shackle lift on my 99 Sport and don't regret it. I am running 33x12.50-15s with a 4.5 BS. It rides well and handles very good. I would only go higher if I was going for 35's

Needs work means they are not direct bolt ons, you have to work them a bit ,,
there never was a total one place sells all lift kit for the 2 doors,, the mono leaf rear springs were the reason,, 4 door kit kinda worked but the rear springs were super stiff as they were intended for the 4 door,, and it is heavier,,

there really is only one suspension lift for the the second gen explorer and thats made by superlift, it costs around $1500. before i did all the custom suspension to mine i was looking into it as well but decided to go a diff route with a solid axle swap and had to cut out all of the stock suspension and steering. idk what tire height youre after but a rear shackle lift and tighten the torsion bars a little bit will fit 31s just fine

i own a 1998 explorer xlt 4.o 4x4
and i cant find any suspension lifts online ?
can someone direct me to a company that offers lifts
You really aren’t going to find them due to the axle being on top of the leaf.
But here’s a post that explains it well.
Alternatively you can sas the front and soa the back but that may be overkill.

Back