• Register Today It's free!

transmission line replacement

pat.d

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 ford explorer sport
hi everyone.. my 2003 explorer sport 4wd xlt 6 cyl . is leaking from the trans oil line.. i found the leak. but i cant find a replacement line anywhere?..i am not very mechanically inclined i replaced the rotors brake pads and a wheel hub myself and front shocks.. i wanna try the trans line but cant find them anywhere.. and help would be great .... thanks in advance

Is it leaking where the tube meets the transmission housing? I had that problem with my factory transmission and wound up having to create a gasket with RTV and an O ring. The bottom part of the tube is supposed to be a press fit and once it is loose it is a bear.

If you're talking about one (or both) of the fluid lines from the trans to the cooler/radiator? Is it one small spot that's leaking, or are the lines badly rusted?

If it's one small spot, you can cut out the bad spot and add a piece of trans cooler rubber hose with a couple of hose clamps as a repair. Make sure to only use trans cooler rubber line though, or the repair will not last very long.

I have a 2003 eddie Bauer edition that seems to be leaking fluid as it goes into radiator. Have not been able to determine if it is one line or both. They both have a mesh sleeve around them. Both sleeves are soaked with fluid. Transmission was reportedly repaired within last 20 thousand miles as I just got vehicle. When I bought the vehicle didn't notice the leak.

Back