BamakoJon

Reaction score
City, State
Birmingham, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer, XLT
Callsign
KI5DGM
So my gear selector indicator needle thing on my instrument panel has somehow gotten bumped right just enough that it indicates the gear to the right of what it's actually in. It doesn't bother me too much since I know that "2" is actually "D," but it's just one of those little things that's a bit annoying. Would that be easy to fix if I just pull out the instrument panel?

The only thing I would miss is watching other people try to get the truck to go anywhere when (if) I let them borrow it! They always pop it into neutral instead of drive because it indicates that it's in drive. It's a good time...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ya those T30 bolts are probably loose.

Besides the 2 T30 bolts getting loose and the pointer cable adjuster being out of whack, the plastic clamp for the adjuster sometimes breaks. You can fix it with a wire tie. Remove the plastic knee panel trim and the steel plate behind it to get access to the adjuster.

Had the same problem with ICARUS mind is backwards!! Lol turns out the linkage is from an Aerostar (floor shift) Its fun to watch others try to put it in drive!

Back