2017 explorer crashed | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 explorer crashed

most likely I am not posting in the right areas sorry. I have a 2017 explorer xlt fwd with about 40k miles. Last Friday a guy drinking decided to lose control of his mustang and crash into the side of my truck...still waiting on the police report and haven’t taken it into a body shop so my question is...
A. How bad does it look.
B. Are these cracks in the trunk areas from the crash because the trunk looks like there’s a larger gap on one side.
C. Should I take it to the ford dealership I bought it from to get fixed? Thanks everyone

D079C47D-204C-42A2-92E0-7A922EB7E67D.jpeg

CC14C4CE-A0C4-4284-A1F5-D612809D1745.jpeg

5289E315-4F0B-4CD1-B9DF-B90FA2CFB6CC.jpeg

86BAC336-F9C0-4446-9F7F-806653528B6A.jpeg

42767EE4-AF9C-4AE5-BB1A-70B5C573A316.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's a lot more damage than $5000....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can you post the estimate, please?

Yes, a replacement rocker will be welded on. Preferably STRSW, but plug welded will work also.

Insurance adjusters miss stuff ALL THE TIME !!!! It is their job to miss stuff truthfully.
If you found a good shop they will create a supplement and do the job correctly.
Visit the body shop. Bring a box donuts and a case of water. Trust me on this.
Express your concerns and show them the cracked seam sealer. As long as you didn't that it to the insurance preferred shop the shop should be on your side.

@Greg benson ,

One key question here?

Your not hurt right?

The vehicle can be fixed yes. Will it be a pain in the A$$ to deal with? Perhaps.

As long as you are safe and any passengers are OK is the paramount concern I have.

Update on the truck the adjuster said he is up to 17k. Said something about having to remove the roof to fix the problem and it would be in the shop for at least 6 weeks so he totaled it out... guess who doesn’t have gap insurance... YAY.... thanks everyone for your input. Closing on my house in the next 3 weeks and can’t buy new car until after! Just keep on winning.

Always buy the gap coverage (unless you pay cash) and buy it from your insurance company. TONS cheaper that way.

@Greg benson ,

One key question here?

Your not hurt right?

The vehicle can be fixed yes. Will it be a pain in the A$$ to deal with? Perhaps.

As long as you are safe and any passengers are OK is the paramount concern I have.
I’m going to have to nominate you for a nobel peace prize.

Update on the truck the adjuster said he is up to 17k. Said something about having to remove the roof to fix the problem and it would be in the shop for at least 6 weeks so he totaled it out... guess who doesn’t have gap insurance... YAY.... thanks everyone for your input. Closing on my house in the next 3 weeks and can’t buy new car until after! Just keep on winning.

Did you ask why he lowballed it at $5,000 and strung you along?

Back