2020 Explorer | Page 29 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer

That 12.3" digital cluster (Calm Screen) is only available on the Platinum trim.

Peter
I think the 12.3 " display comes on our ST models as well. It is listed in the options guide as such.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That 12.3" digital cluster (Calm Screen) is only available on the Platinum trim.

Peter

I believe in the US the 12.3" digital cluster also comes on the ST. At least according to the Order Guide PDF

TheWombat

I'm looking at the 2020 Order Guide and don't see it as an option. The 10.1" LCD screen is an option with the Premium Technology Package. Checked out the Build & Price and didn't see it there either except for the Platinum.

Peter

Other than the test vehicles, they haven't been built yet.

Peter

Wasn't there a member that posted seeing a preproduction vehicle?

I also saw one on a Facebook Explorer group, it was ST trim too. Looked pretty solid.

Wasn't there a member that posted seeing a preproduction vehicle?..............................
That was what I was referring to as "test vehicles". I don't believe the 'Okay to Build' instruction has been given yet.

Peter

That was what I was referring to as "test vehicles". I don't believe the 'Okay to Build' instruction has been given yet.

Peter

Oh sorry, I thought you meant the mules that had camo and/or no interior. I have definitely seen one of those. It was just chilling at a hotel in the UP, but the ones I was referring to looked like production models.

I don't even think they've started production of them, let alone reached 'OK to Buy'. Seeing as CAP has apparently the worst QC of Ford's plants, I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

Oh sorry, I thought you meant the mules that had camo and/or no interior. I have definitely seen one of those. It was just chilling at a hotel in the UP, but the ones I was referring to looked like production models.

I don't even think they've started production of them, let alone reached 'OK to Buy'. Seeing as CAP has apparently the worst QC of Ford's plants, I wouldn't hold my breath on it.
I still have 1 1/2 years left on my 4 year lease so I'm in no rush. Just waiting for the Canadian site to get their act together so I can Build & Price one. I'm sure the dealer will be calling in a year to get mine back. Just turned over 6300 miles. :)

Peter

I still have 1 1/2 years left on my 4 year lease so I'm in no rush. Just waiting for the Canadian site to get their act together so I can Build & Price one. I'm sure the dealer will be calling in a year to get mine back. Just turned over 6300 miles. :)

Peter

Whoever gets yours is, sure will be lucky.

cough cough

Seriously though, whenever I see how much you've driven it does make me chuckle a bit. But then again, school runs don't do themselves haha.

I've put about 5000 miles on mine since November and that's with the weather keeping us in town. I can't wait to go road tripping.

Peter

WOW I'm sure my cars would feel neglected if they had only 6300 miles on the clock.

My concern is how the new ST steering feels now that it's a rear wheel drive. If it's more like the ford trucks it would be a no go for me, the trucks have such a lite steering feel.

WOW I'm sure my cars would feel neglected if they had only 6300 miles on the clock.

My concern is how the new ST steering feels now that it's a rear wheel drive. If it's more like the ford trucks it would be a no go for me, the trucks have such a lite steering feel.

Do the trucks have EPAS (f150)? EPAS allows Ford to program them however they want. I know with my f350 I can turn the steering wheel with 1 finger BUT it has a PS pump, not EPAS. I expect much better handling and response with RWD.

Now sure which "trucks" you are referring to.

Hey Smoke, I get the f-100 loaner for warranty work on the sport. To me it seems like the F-100 has too much power steering, I do like the steering on the 2016 Sport similar to a GM car or truck, it just seems heavier than the F100. I use to buy Lincoln Continentals and you could adjust then steering, on the lightest setting I couldn't even drive straight... someone fallowing me would think I as drunk and I don't even drink...……………… anymore.

Hey Smoke, I get the f-100 loaner for warranty work on the sport. To me it seems like the F-100 has too much power steering, I do like the steering on the 2016 Sport similar to a GM car or truck, it just seems heavier than the F100. I use to buy Lincoln Continentals and you could adjust then steering, on the lightest setting I couldn't even drive straight... someone fallowing me would think I as drunk and I don't even drink...……………… anymore.

F100 loaner?

download.jpeg

OOPS my bad, I've been working on my 1956 big window F-100 and finishing it is the only thing on my mind. The loaner is a little newer F-150

Sweet, post some pics when you get a chance

Sweet, post some pics when you get a chance

I will (even re-up my forum membership). I've had it since 1967 (second car I ever bought) and the third complete re-do.
Ford 427 side oilier, mustang front clip and a Jag rear end

Saw one close up....well as close up as can be with the 10 foot safety barrier around it. DFW Auto Show a Blue 2020 ST. From what I could see looked pretty loaded...as most auto show models are. I got enough of the inside view to notice the 10" tablet center stack. Externally not too far off from my 2018 Sport except the Sport has been replaced with ST and powerplant is a 400HP 3.0 EB V6....365HP for Platinum...same 3.0 displacement. Two shades of Blue the current one and a slightly darker....looks to be somewhere between the Blue of the 2018 and the Blue Jean of the 2016 era, according to the Build and Price site and Ingot Silver looks like it was renamed to Iconic Silver. 21" wheels are part of a ST Performance Package.

I think the 12.3 " display comes on our ST models as well. It is listed in the options guide as such.
I saw that the 12.3 digital display is available on the 2020 Escape now. I still haven't seen where it is available on any 2020 Explorer except the Platinum.

Peter

I saw that the 12.3 digital display is available on the 2020 Escape now. I still haven't seen where it is available on any 2020 Explorer except the Platinum.

Peter

ST gets it. It says it twice in the order guide.

1st page under Interior NEW - The Instrument Panel screen on XLT and Limited is a 6.5” Color LCD and 12.3” Digital on ST and Platinum.

2020 ST page under interior - Instrument Panel Cluster – 12.3" Digital Productivity Screen.

Has also shown it on all the YouTube videos that show the ST model.

ST gets it. It says it twice in the order guide.

1st page under Interior NEW - The Instrument Panel screen on XLT and Limited is a 6.5” Color LCD and 12.3” Digital on ST and Platinum.

2020 ST page under interior - Instrument Panel Cluster – 12.3" Digital Productivity Screen.

Has also shown it on all the YouTube videos that show the ST model.
You are correct. I don't know how I missed that several times. Apologies to all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any indication as to when we may begin to see automotive road tests / road reviews?

TheWombat

Back