Magnaflow catback install question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Magnaflow catback install question

Gee Man

Reaction score
City, State
W. MA.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 ST Ltd V8 4x4
I'm installing a magnaflow catback on my 07 ST V8 this weekend and am not sure if there is a crush gasket needed between the cats and the new catback section? Anyone who has done this install have any tips?

There is a gasket but I reused it... I have a Gibson catback and had fitment issues near the drivers rear CV joint and the spare tire so hope the magnaflow doesn't have that issue...

Well, the weather was perfect for wrenching yesterday, so I spent the day on my back in the driveway. Well worth it though, the Magnaflow sounds so much better, it actually sounds like I drive a V8 now. As a bonus, smoother pedal response and slight bump in the seat-of-the-pants-o-meter as far as acceleration goes. Anyone on the fence, go for it. The nice thing is its still relatively quiet in the driveway, which helps keeps the missus happy. And I did need to replace the gasket between the cat and the catback, and the part number above it correct. The toughest part is getting the old exhaust out. A cut off wheel on an angle grinder, or a sawzall, is your friend here.

Back