Evap line diameter needed. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Evap line diameter needed.

Mike65

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
In my garage working on one of our vehicles.
City, State
Horsepasture, Virginia.
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Ranger 4x4, 99 Sport.
On my wife's 99 Explorer Sport it has the CEL on & the code is PO455, large evap leak. Well this is the same code I got last year when I fixed the leak in the metal line that ran over the top of the gas tank that came from the charcoal canisters that had rotted out. I had replaced it with a length of fuel injection hose & eliminated the badly rusted section of metal line. The CEL came on during the winter & now that it is getting warmer I crawled under the truck & found the other metal evap line that runs to the front looks badly rusted & I want to remove the rusted section & replace it with more of the fuel injection hose like I did with the other one. I need to know what the diameter of the metal evap line that runs to the front of the truck so I could get the hose & have it on hand before I cut the metal line. So if anyone knows the diameter of the line please let me know. IIRC when I replaced the evap charcoal canister bracket I also replaced the valve that is mounted on the canister.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bump.

For what it's worth, I just measured mine (97 Sport) with a caliper and the metal line OD is 5/8" .

Edit : make that 1/2"

Thanks Pete, that is a big help.

I just measured the evap line going from the purge(?) valve to the throttle body.
It was 5/16" ID. That seems about right considering 007's metal line that's 1/2" OD.

Back