• Register Today It's free!

Factory remote start issue

CraigsXLT

Reaction score
City, State
Washington court house
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 xlt
Hey have a 2011 xlt... after getting new tires they had reset the sensors in wheels.. they had a problem with one but eventually got it.. now the next day our remote start dont work. If there is a link then please share.. trying to figure this issue out for my wife... I called them and they said they dont really mess with it and I let them know it worked that morning and nownitnisnt after they messed with it.. supposed to take it in for them to look at.. but rather not at this point... any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Craig.:wave:
I don't know why they had to 'reset' the sensors unless they actually replaced them. I'm guessing that when the broke the seal between the tire and rim that the PSI went to zero. Not sure if that results in them having to be reset. Does your invoice show new sensors? It might be possible to affect the remote's frequency when pairing the TPMS but I'm not really sure. I would take it back to them to have it checked unless another member has an idea. This is the first such issue I've read about here.

Peter

No they didnt replace them.. just told me they had to reset for whatever reason... idk why?!? I just know it worked that morning had that done and next morning it didn't work!

Perhaps once the pressure drops to 0, they have to be reset.:dunno:

Peter

Forgot to mention.. I tried all 3 keys and none worked.. so doubt has anything to do with the key(s)

So... what exactly happens when you try to remote start? Do lights flash? Beeps? Anything?

Is your check engine light on?

Lights and beep... I'll double check but I dont remember seeing a check engine light.. I'll have to check when I get home from work

Lights and beep means that the system failed to start the engine. They should be able to see codes indicating the problem. Mine had some issues, and they ended up replacing the battery cable due to corrosion. That seems to have solved it for me.

The horn always beeps when doors lock then lights flash when starting... everything was fine until they did what they did at tire shop.. the remote start worked a hour before I took it to get tires and not the morning after

You'll have to have them (dealer or other qualified tech) scan the car and see what they find for the failure of the remote start. As others have said, there is a failure that gets logged with a reason. I can't remember if it's actually stored as a PID or true DTC fault code, but it will be there.

It's unlikely that a tire shop would have caused any damage to your remote start system. Possible, but unlikely.

I was just wondering if there is a possibility that when the tech used the scan tool to reprogram the TPMS that it might have affected or altered the remote start receiver frequency. If that is even possible.

Peter

Something happened.. it worked that morning and not the next and they had issues getting tpms resetting and I heard the horn beeping kinda like it does when you locked the car.. several times

have you tried disconnecting the vehicle battery for a minute or two?

I believe there is a connection between the TPMS and keyfob functions. I think they share a radio receiver/antenna. BB5Z-15K602-L.

Back