Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
Are 2011-2015 and 2016+ hoods the same?

They look like it.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2016+ are different than 2011-2015

I think they'd actually swap but the body lines on the 2016 and newer are different near the headlights I believe.

Shape of the hood. Grill and headlights are different.... front fenders are different...rear quarter panels are different...tailgate is different.

From October 2015 to February 2018 I had both a 2011 and 2016 in my garage...the differences become obvious when you have both sitting next to each other.

The center indentation is different. Here is a 2011 and my 2017.

Peter

05-2011-ford-explorer2.jpg

2017 Platinum2.JPG

I would be willing to bet they are interchangeable. The front lip measures the same. They did change the center indentation, but thinking that was part of the facelift done on the 2016 MY. If you look at a side view, the hood cuts in right on the upper body line on both the 2011 - 15 and the 2016 - 19 in the same place. I would be willing to bet the doors are also interchangeable. The fender are different as the slant for the headlight housing and the rear lift gate and taillights are different.

If so, the newer version is about half the cost.

Back