• Register Today It's free!

Blower motor inoperative

Marc Svatora

Reaction score
City, State
Harbor Springs
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Interceptor Utility
It's a 2015 PIU & the blower stopped working. At first it would cut out at the higher speeds & come back on. It would stay running if I didn't go higher than about setting three. Then it stopped working all together. I replaced the resistor (the old one did have a spot where it had gotten hot) and nothing. I pulled the plug and found that I did have power going to the blower. I pulled out the blower and tested it and if it's hooked directly up to a battery it works fine. It still doesn't work when it's plugged in. Fuses all look fine. Relays look fine, but they always look fine.

Funny thing I noticed is that there was still power going to the blower plug even when the hvac system is turned off. You'd think it'd just be running all the time...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The blower is ground-switched on these, is it?

Would love to hear if you came up with a resolution on this. I started mine up today and no air from the front but air works in the back.

So far no. New motor should show up today. I’ll post my findings if it does.

Would love to hear if you came up with a resolution on this. I started mine up today and no air from the front but air works in the back.
Welcome to the Forum Ruben.:wave:

Peter

No luck with the new motor. Moving on to the switch.

The switch isn’t reachable. Is it likely to be the climate control module?

Hope you got it fixed! I had to get a new blower motor for mine. Works now.

I wish you the best and am anxiously awaiting the next installment.

got somthing like this going on right now on my 14. fan stays running at full tilt weither hvac is turned off/on always stays running at top speed no matter what

got somthing like this going on right now on my 14. fan stays running at full tilt weither hvac is turned off/on always stays running at top speed no matter what
Sounds like the control module may be bad. Just a guess. Unfortunately, the thread starter appears to no longer be around and did not post any follow-up. Very frustrating.

Peter

sadly iv noticed that iv got a couple of ideas the fan speed module(if its still called the blower motor resister)(seems like a likely) climate control mod itself(unsure as the blend doors still work with it on) one my pop thinks is the pannel with all of the buttons knobs and such on it(possable not likely i dont think). atleast in the few days ill start passivly chucking bits at it like say the resister first and kinda see what it does.

Back