2018 Ford Explorer RPM gauge not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2018 Ford Explorer RPM gauge not working

jc_slick

Reaction score
City, State
New York City, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Ford Explorer XLT
hey guys, the rpm gauge on my 2018 explorer xlt stopped working as the needle doesnt move when i drive or hit the gas pedal. Ive been using the obd connector for forscan but the mods were for specified tire pressure monitor, hyper flass error, enabling climate control option on the right screen, and global windows. Is there one that controls the rpm or a way i can find out what happened? I dont believe i changed any other settings when i enabled those listed but you never know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did u back up the as built files before you made changes? I'd revert back to the As Built file to see if it starts working again.

I didnt actually. Do you know how i can do that?

Unfortunately I cant be of any help. Always backup before making changes.

Thanks guys. I was able to figure out what i did and it worked out. So happy

When using the forscan sheet i accidently changed the code for the gauge and put in a code that applies to the platinum model trim. It didnt work as the xlt gauge is different and this disabled the rpm gauge. I just put the original code back and it worked

Thanks for the update.

Back