sync 3 which maps are installed? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

sync 3 which maps are installed?

Map updates were pulled some time ago by Ford and have yet to return. The rumor is that it was too labor intensive to produce one for each individual order. True or not, IDK but bottom line is right now there is no update available for mapping. When a map update for SYNC3 is available the HERE site will tell you to contact your dealer, that's what it did when they were available for a brief time months and months ago.

YUP FORD DROPPED THE BALL ON THIS ONE!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Map updates were pulled some time ago by Ford and have yet to return. The rumor is that it was too labor intensive to produce one for each individual order. True or not, IDK but bottom line is right now there is no update available for mapping. When a map update for SYNC3 is available the HERE site will tell you to contact your dealer, that's what it did when they were available for a brief time months and months ago.

No, Ford did not drop the ball on this one. They are very busy buying a scooter company right now!

I really wish they would just allow it to update from OpenStreetMap. It's taking Ford way too long to get simple map updates released.

Ford DID DROP the Ball big time with SYNC3. The other parts of SYNC3 are way ahead of the original but not having the option of purchasing updates is stupid both for them (potential revenue) and bad for customers being forced to use a outdated map data base. I urge everyone to call on Ford IVT to force their vendors to get with the program and provide updates. I for one would be perfectly O.K with getting a SD card slot again and keeping my A9 card for map updates.

I just finished a 3300 mile + road trip and the system was showing 60 MPH zones that have been 70MPH at least two-three years or more. That is not so critical because they are a guide the current road signage still is the controlling speed limit. System would not recognize address unless FULLY typed out. System did work once going but sometimes you had to trick it because it wanted to take you on county roads and service roads instead of Interstates

Is there any update on the maps?

I contacted HERE at the end of 2018. This is their response:

Hello Steven,

Thank you for inquiring about HERE Technologies. Your 2017 Ford Explorer has a SYNC3 system, and although Ford uses our map data, we do not provide SYNC3 support on their behalf. For information or support for SYNC3, please contact your nearest authorized Ford dealership. An update for this system will not be available through HERE Technologies. We apologize for any inconvenience.

If you need additional assistance, please send us your feedback by replying to this email.

Kind regards,

HERE Technologies

Customer Service

P.O. Box 1588

Orem, UT 84059

Back