2014 Explorer Interceptor headlights wiring | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Explorer Interceptor headlights wiring

jasonjj

Reaction score
City, State
Bellingham, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Interceptor
I know. Seems dumb but I’m looking for a way to light up my XLT console in my Interceptor. So under the radio and climate controls there are a few connectors, but nothing that I’ve seen relates to lights ( as in headlights being on or off).
Unless I could find a wire lighting the climate controls? And if so, what voltage would it be?
Any ideas about how to turn on lighting in my console via headlight switch?

I know. Seems dumb but I’m looking for a way to light up my XLT console in my Interceptor. So under the radio and climate controls there are a few connectors, but nothing that I’ve seen relates to lights ( as in headlights being on or off).
Unless I could find a wire lighting the climate controls? And if so, what voltage would it be?
Any ideas about how to turn on lighting in my console via headlight switch?

Should be a lighted indicator for the gear shift, also one for the compartment lid, just tie into one of those 12 volt :)

Yea. But I really want it to turn off with the lights. Good point though. Ignition power.

I wired my console from one of the stock power points in the center and wired all the accent lighting to light up when I open the front cubby of the console, it has a switch on the side.

Back