Solved - 5R55W/S O/Drive flashing fault on a 2009 Ranger in Australia. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 5R55W/S O/Drive flashing fault on a 2009 Ranger in Australia.

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
The 2007 came up on the workshops scan tool. Should say 2009. Not sure if they manually input that . Car is definitely a 2009 model

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The 2007 came up on the workshops scan tool. Should say 2009. Not sure if they manually input that . Car is definitely a 2009 model

LOL! The only thing that VIN has in common with USA is that it has 17 characters. Cant look up any info with software I have. Does it have a dipstick?
Brad

I was reading another thread on here with similar issues. And there was something partially blocking a valve in the valve body stopping it from closing.
Remember I said they tried two other used bodies and they were worse. I'm going to ohm the ecm cable to transmission also to rule that out. Still wondering if valve body could be bad/ or blocked. They did replace the torque converter initially. They gave me the bad valve body to have a look at and that's where I referenced the transmission type I think.
Valve body RF9L2P. 7A101AA

Checked and adjusted bands. Both were out of spec. they appeared to be about another two turns further out. (107in/pounds, then backed off 2 turns). Found a workshop manual and it appears our transmission is a 5R55S. Cleaned MAF and MAP sensors with isopropyl . I did have the cross member out and transmission leaning down to access the band adjustment screws.
Put everything back together and took for a drive (short) O/drive light and now engine light came on too.

Leaning towards an electrical wiring fault maybe. Going to order an scan tool to read codes as mine is not showing any faults.

ELM327 usb modified for Ford ELMconfig latest chip HS-CAN MS-CAN Forscan OBD2 $27.99 AU on ebay.com.au

Hi everyone, update on this problem. I've sent it to Ford now and are waiting for there diagnosis and repair. I'll update the findings in the coming week.

Well apparently it's all fixed. Picking up Thursday . Cause faulty workmanship from transmission workshop. One of the speed sensors on top of the transmission connector/wiring was not connected properly and had been glued in position with silicon. Throwing that incorrect ratio fault code. $900 bill but simple fix at last.

Wow! They put the pen to paper on that bill. LOL. Seriously though, glad you got it all sorted out and thanks for the update. Makes it nice when the fix to a problem gets posted.
Brad

Unfortunately electrical is my weakness unless it's really obvious. I did check band adjustments (which were out) before I threw in the towel. Thanks for everyone's advice .

Back