My power door locks don't work. I had to replace the locks. Now the power door locks don't work | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My power door locks don't work. I had to replace the locks. Now the power door locks don't work

I wonder if you can do me a favor? I'm working on an article for power locks, since I am so far into it, I might as well do a write-up. I need to test a website that should say if an Explorer has keyless entry based on it's VIN number. Would you be willing to post yours so I can test it? You can delete the number later if you like.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I found the keyless entry control module. I surrender. I don't think I can get it out without spending a week trying. I only wanted the power locks so I wouldn't have to crawl over the back seat to pull the latch to unlock the rear hatch. I got the lock cylinders from a Ford Ranger, so I only got two locks. I've decided that crawling over the back seat isn't as much work as I'm putting myself through. I can live with having to crawl ever once in awhile. Thanks for your help. It's very much appreciated.

Well, that's a good question. I don't think there is much of a risk in posting a VIN number, it's just good policy to minimize personal details on the web.

I mean, in very specific and rare circumstances, you can assume a vehicle title with just a VIN, but it's extremely rare and applies more to that rusted-out 1932 Ford Coupe in the backyard, rather than a current vehicle.

But, practically speaking, it's not an issue. I was trying to put his mind at ease.

Back