Details on Limited trim | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Details on Limited trim

Avi8tir

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
N/A
I am about to order a new company car. I can get an Explorer Limited - with no additional options.

I'll be honest, I am not a ford fan. I've had to drive a Taurus or 2 in my career. As well, the sync system was terrible. really really terrible.

With the Explorer going back RWD and a few years since I've driven a ford, I thought I would give the explorer a try. I need to get it on order, but I am very hesitant without seeing it in person. The only interior pictures online are of Platinum trim. I'd really see what a no-option limited would look like.

FYI, my other options are Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and Chevrolet Traverse LT Leather. The Jeep is old in the tooth and the Traverse is a soccer mom SUV for sure. BUT - the Chevy infotainment is actually really good.

Thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am about to order a new company car. I can get an Explorer Limited - with no additional options.

I'll be honest, I am not a ford fan. I've had to drive a Taurus or 2 in my career. As well, the sync system was terrible. really really terrible.

With the Explorer going back RWD and a few years since I've driven a ford, I thought I would give the explorer a try. I need to get it on order, but I am very hesitant without seeing it in person. The only interior pictures online are of Platinum trim. I'd really see what a no-option limited would look like.

FYI, my other options are Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and Chevrolet Traverse LT Leather. The Jeep is old in the tooth and the Traverse is a soccer mom SUV for sure. BUT - the Chevy infotainment is actually really good.

Thoughts?

Get an explorer ST in either Magnetic or Atlas Blue and all your problems will be solved. No more issues with PTU's, no more issues with coolant's, this 3.0 twin turbo on this platform will be a beastly truck, even at stock level.

Get an explorer ST in either Magnetic or Atlas Blue and all your problems will be solved. No more issues with PTU's, no more issues with coolant's, this 3.0 twin turbo on this platform will be a beastly truck, even at stock level.

So his employer is allowing him to order a base optioned Limited (due to cost I am sure) and your advice is to go with a ST? Lol, sorry, had to chuckle

Thoughts?

Have you seen this video? Not sure how many additional options it has but at least it is a Limited.

I am about to order a new company car. I can get an Explorer Limited - with no additional options.............................
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
You can go Ford.com and Build & Price a Limited to see what all the base Limited has to offer. There is also a thread here that shows the Order Guide for the various trims. No pictures but it will show what it comes with. Other than the that and the above video, I suggest that you look at one once they are out on the dealer lots. That is the best thing you can do. This may also help; 2020 Explorer Packaging Guide

Peter

Thoughts?

My thought is that it must be nice to work for an employer that allows such nice, upscale choices in company cars. I have driven company cars for the 46 years that I have been working, and with 4 different employers in that time, I always either got the base, or one step up in the model line. So if my employer told me to order a Limited Explorer, I'd be on that like white on rice!

Back