Hardcore explorers?

Bigred89

refused to build a jeep
Reaction score
City, State
Hutchinson, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 explorer sport xlt
So I've been on here for a few years now and have gotten lots of great advice on here and built my two door sport into something I thought would never have gotten to this so I was wondering if any of you guys have built your explorers into something crazy, I'll share a few pix of mine from our most recent trip this memorial weekend

IMG_20190525_143159175_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20190525_125913341_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20190525_144122901_HDR.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Front axle is a d44 from a 79 f250, fully rebuilt converted to five lug using 78/79 bronco/f150 knuckles, spindles, brakes, rotors, etc. 4.88 gears, Spartan locker, stock shafts, psc full hyrdro steering, 1.5 1/4 wall dom steering link with 7/8 heims. Rear axle is a 8.8 f150 axle, 4.88, welded, stock shafts. Stock 4.0 ohv, five speed, 1350/1354 doubler that I built myself. Front coils are 6" xj rough country, stock rear mono leafs, pro comp 9000 series shocks. 35" bfg km3's, pro comp steel wheels with diy beadlocks. Front axle stretched 7". Boat side skides, custom t-case skid plate. I did everything and made everything myself except for the roll cage and re-gearing of the ring and pinions

sports are so capable off road!! Well done

Thanks, and yea they are very capable as long as you're willing to stick some time into it and think outside the box

You mean like build a V8 powered long travel ARB locked Bronco II with heated seats, and daily drive/wheel it for over 20 years? Yeah I get that...........
:)
Sports are so capable because of their wheelbase, it is the perfect all around trail rig

Yea it's funny because I bought this thing completely stock for 500$ just to have as a backup beater and never once thought it would have came to this haha

Back