• Register Today It's free!

Need some identification help

Terry DeBord

Reaction score
City, State
Wauwatosa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 XLT 4X4 V6 130K
2007 ST 4WD 4.0L V6. Below are a couple of pictures. I'm trying to identify exactly what the line/tube is that I have pointed out in the first picture. the second picture is just what it connects to mounted on the drivers side fender well. Last night while looking at something else I touched/moved around this hose and it left my hand completely black like I had been playing with charcoal. My guess is it needs to be replaced sooner rather than later but I'm not sure what it is so looking it up at RockAuto is challenging.
upload_2019-6-6_9-49-35.png
upload_2019-6-6_9-49-45.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The part in the second photo it the vapor canister purge valve. No idea where to find the hose though. If it goes bad one of the symptoms is you will have problems starting the truck after fueling up. Been there..

2007 ST 4WD 4.0L V6. Below are a couple of pictures. I'm trying to identify exactly what the line/tube is that I have pointed out in the first picture. the second picture is just what it connects to mounted on the drivers side fender well. Last night while looking at something else I touched/moved around this hose and it left my hand completely black like I had been playing with charcoal. My guess is it needs to be replaced sooner rather than later but I'm not sure what it is so looking it up at RockAuto is challenging.
@Terry DeBord
It's the vacuum pickup hose which operates the solenoid valve in the bottom picture. When the solenoid is electrically energized, it opens the valve, allowing vacuum flow through the hose shown and away from the solenoid via the other hose. The rubber deteriorates and rubs off black carbon. If it's still soft and not brittle, nor cracked anywhere, it's still serviceable. imp

Thanks all for the assistance - no CEL so may just replace anyhow since the truck is 12 years old

Back