Hello. New owner of 2010 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello. New owner of 2010 Explorer

Greeder59

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer E. Bauer
Hi all,
I just bought a 2010 Ford Explorer, Eddie Bauer edition. It wasn't the first vehicle on my short list. But, I got a solid price on it. Engine seems to be in good condition, though it needs an oil change (easy). Radiator is new, But the upper radiator hose is on backward (eye roll). I'm going to take it in to have the tranny and transfer case serviced. The only other issues are the passenger side door electric lock doesn't work and the radio display is dim. And that's what led me to here. Someone has posted the fix to the radio display in this forum. Glad to be here.

Welcome.

So, just to give an update. I finally got the time to get the Explorer into a shop to get some service done. I told them to do the 100Kmi tranny service. But the tech read 100K service and sent back a $1500.00 work estimate! I had to call them back and wave them off of the items that I could do myself. In the end I had the tranny, transfer case, and differential serviced with all fluids replaced by fully synthetics.
While it was there, I let them flush the brake lines and service the power steering too.
Good independent shop that comes well recommended by friends and co-workers. In the end, it only cost me $530.00.
Next up; brake pads, oil change, air filter, PCV valve, fuel filter. I'll do that in my driveway.
Then I have some body/interior work; Already fixed the radio display, then I need to fix the passenger side door lock, and the air box mixer.
If it hasn't become obvious by then, I have to chase down a coolant leak.
I hope that all this work will make it good for another 100K mile and 10 years.

Back