13 Mustang Rims on 2nd Gen?

RandomNerd2000

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
South Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 5.0, 01 4.0.
Found a set of Mustang 18s off a 2013 Mustang 5.0, curious if they'll fit 2nd gens, if so with what? I'm mostly interested because I've got two sets of 265/65R18s I want to do something with, and if they'd fit my 2000 reasonably well or with minimal investment then why not.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stock rim is a 235/15 or 255/16 depending on trim not sure if that would fit without a lift?

Stock rim is a 235/15 or 255/16 depending on trim not sure if that would fit without a lift?
@BruceExploder
Were Explorer wheels still 5 on 4-1/2 by 2013? Or had they gone metric? I know F-series pickups went metric after 1996. Close, but no cigar. Nice if they have stayed the same. imp

Those wheels might look good on my van. The explorer and mustang are 5x4.5 (114.3) so the wheel will physically bolt on. How much wider is the mustang rim than the explorer?

The 'Stang rims have a very different offset than the oem Explorer ones, but nothing a decent set of hub centric spacers can't correct.

Just measure the back spacing of both rims, subtract the smaller from larger. Then subtract 1/2 the difference of rim widths.

That'll keep center line of the new rire/rim the same as old so the bearings won't take a beating and steering angles won't change.

Back