2013 Limited Headlights | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Limited Headlights

Well, looking on bulbfacts.com, they actually test bulbs and have some recommendations for LED replacements for projector style headlights. They list the Katana kit from amazon or the Hikari Ultras, giving the Hikari kits their top rating with a beam pattern as "very good in projectors", although not as perfect as the halogen bulb. You might want to take a look that their website and read the full review. I know after market LED manufactures are getting their LED bulb almost to an identical beam pattern as halogens, but are not quite there yet. I was looking at their website because my sister has a '98 Chevy S-10, and the halogen headlights are not great, so I was looking for an LED replacement with a good beam pattern. I ran the Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA Halogen Headlight Bulbs in my ranger and was very happy with them and the light output was great compared to regular halogens. Sylvania has a SilverStar zXe and zXe Gold which are suppose to challenge HID color and are DOT approved and 100% street legal. These may be some options for you.

Back