Errors on window sticker ok?

Blue Lamp

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
First glance...missing moonroof, unless I overlooked it in excitement? Will features on a window sticker change or should I be panicking and phoning my dealership?

Screenshot_20190613-000521_Hancom Office Editor.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2nd glance....I did not order cross rails but I did order mud flaps.This isn't looking good.

Screenshot_20190613-072127_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Did you get a copy of your DORA? Or order after submitted? Immediately after it is submitted, I get a copy emailed to me.. looks like this.

You should not be missing items once the sticker generates. Get a copy of your DORA or order sheet. Make sure your VIN is the correct one.

My Dora looks different than yours but it seems correct. Emailed the salesman... thank you!
Screenshot_20190613-073357_Chrome.jpg
salesman to see if the info I was given was incorrect ie VIN

Screenshot_20190613-072417_Hancom Office Editor.jpg

Window sticker is no longer online.

I’ve placed my order in April, build date is estimated 6/28/19. I‘Ve asked the dealer if i can modify and add to order. His answer is No! Is he correct?

I believe it all depends upon how far the order has progressed. I know some have been able to make changes on the 5th gen orders just after they were submitted and others were refused because the order had moved on through the system. I'm guessing you would be in the latter group.

Peter

I’ve placed my order in April, build date is estimated 6/28/19. I‘Ve asked the dealer if i can modify and add to order. His answer is No! Is he correct?

Yes he is correct. Once VIN is created, the vehicle gets locked shortly after. You would have had to make changes 6-8 week ago. I had to reorder in May for my June build because it was already locked and I wanted to change the color.

Once you are scheduled, you are locked in to your order.

Yes he is correct. Once VIN is created, the vehicle gets locked shortly after. You would have had to make changes 6-8 week ago. I had to reorder in May for my June build because it was already locked and I wanted to change the color.

Once you are scheduled, you are locked in to your order.

I ordered my Aviator last Saturday, July 27th and would like to change the equipment package to Reserve II from Reserve I. Do you think this would be possible if I call dealer tomorrow? I do not believe I have a VIN or build date yet. It was a retail order with deposit if that makes a difference.

I ordered my Aviator last Saturday, July 27th and would like to change the equipment package to Reserve II from Reserve I. Do you think this would be possible if a call dealer tomorrow? I do not believe I have a VIN or build date yet. It was a retail order with deposit if that makes a difference.

You should be able to change it.

Thanks blwnsmoke, I will call them tomorrow morning and try to change it.

Given the delays in production and pulling orders, I think you should be able to make a change at this point. I see blwnsmoke beat me in replying. In Canada, there is no 1 & 2 for the Reserve. It is just Reserve with a starting price of $75,500 CDN. If the interest rate on the Explorer Platinum doesn't come down by the time I'm ready, then I may go with the Aviator as the current lease would only be $21 more a month.

Peter

I called this morning and they were able to change my order. The salesman said the order has been updated, but isn't scheduled on a DORA yet, said the dealership manager has already submitted and hopefully it will get scheduled to be built within the next week or so. I know when I first placed the order they told me 10 to 14 weeks for delivery but said it might be sooner. I fully expect to wait awhile being a new platform and the delays at CAP. I'd be happy to get this before November but we shall see. I did notice on the preview order it now has Priority Code: 10 if that makes a difference?

If the interest rate on the Explorer Platinum doesn't come down by the time I'm ready, then I may go with the Aviator as the current lease would only be $21 more a month.

I agree, Peter. If the interest rate doesn't come down by then I would get the Aviator over the Explorer Platinum for sure, way more luxurious inside. I actually had an Explorer ST ordered back in February but my Ford dealer ordered it as dealer stock and you know how that goes. After waiting several months I started researching more on the Aviator and liked what I was reading. I then test drove one when I saw my Lincoln dealer received their first one in and loved it, actually was sold by someone else that day. I know I'd love the ST too but something told me to just get the Aviator at this point.

I actually got a higher rate on the Aviator Reserve I (4.31%)59k A Plan price/$806/mo vs the Explorer ST (2.65%).55k A Plan price/$720/mo. Thats at 36mo, 13.5kmiles/yr, $2600 Total at Signing.

The current lease rate on the Aviator here is 2.49% and the Platinum is 5.29%. Both are on a 48 month term. For 36 months it is 1.49% and 4.99% respectively. In Canada there is no Reserve 1 and 2. I would think our Reserve would be your #2.
So for an Aviator that is $11k more, will only cost an extra $21/month. Rates are likely to change in October.

Peter

Back