• Register Today It's free!

Tuned Exhaust Question

CzyKats44

Reaction score
City, State
Glenville, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
In the market for an Ex
Looking to simply delete the OE muffler and add a flowmaster Super 40 muffler into the stock exhaust.

I understand the resonator isnt a muffler and only changes the sound of the exhaust...

Question is: Do I leave it in line with the flowmaster or delete that too.

Goals: Add a nice low growl at idle, audible rumble at cruise and some volume if I lay into it.

(2007 4.6L ST)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not much reason to keep it if you are replacing the muffler now if you were simply cutting the muffler off some people keep it

Looking to simply delete the OE muffler and add a flowmaster Super 40 muffler into the stock exhaust.

I understand the resonator isnt a muffler and only changes the sound of the exhaust...

Question is: Do I leave it in line with the flowmaster or delete that too.

Goals: Add a nice low growl at idle, audible rumble at cruise and some volume if I lay into it.

(2007 4.6L ST)
I removed my resonator when I changed the muffler. It sounds wicked sweet. You won’t be disappointed.

Please check your local laws I think it is highly illegal to put Flowmasters on anything past 1995. OK it's not but it should be!

I removed my resonator when I changed the muffler. It sounds wicked sweet. You won’t be disappointed.

Which Magnaflow did you install? Do you have a part number?

** Update **

I opted to pull both the resonator and muffler. Also I went with a Magnaflow 11226 instead of the FM.

As @cron9900 said, wicked sweet... Just what I was looking for! Good call, thanks.

Thanks for your reply @MotorCityFats13 its what I was thinking.

** Update **

I opted to pull both the resonator and muffler. Also I went with a Magnaflow 11226 instead of the FM.

As @cron9900 said, wicked sweet... Just what I was looking for! Good call, thanks.

Thanks for your reply @MotorCityFats13 its what I was thinking.

On a Mod Motor the Magnaflow will sound much much better and will hit your goals you listed above. Great choice and please post up sound video when you get everything done.

I kept my resonator on, along with a flowmaster super 44 and duel exhaust, and it gets a little too quiet for my liking after it’s been idling for a good bit. Since u removed yours, it must always sound nice and loud at all times right?

Back