Turning indicator light (2017) sometimes does not work | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Turning indicator light (2017) sometimes does not work

mjh-Canada

Reaction score
City, State
Chelsea, Quebec
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT
Sometimes the left front bulb does not light up and I get the fast flash signal (bulb out) when using my indicators. Because it is intermittent, I need to hope it happens near my dealership, or so I was told by my adviser.

Has anyone had this happen with the solid-state lighting in the newer Explorers?
Or anyone with a way to diagnose the problem?

(Sorry Mods if I missed the post in my search:)

If it is intermittent, I would think a lose plug/connection. Obviously once a light bulb dies, it doesnt come back to life. After you pulled the headlight and checked the connection?

I dont recall hearing about something like this being intermittent.

Howdy. I had a Jeep Wrangler doing the same thing. I am not positive of the lighting on the Explorer, but a fast search shows a regular bulb for the turn signal. If that is the case you have a bulb going bad. The idea I worked out on the Jeep was the CAN Bus reads the resistance of the bulb, and if it is a little high it will sense it as being out. I was told by a Certified Mech it was an Intermittent bulb. If it is a regular bulb I would change it and see if that works.

Mike

Back