Almost Tons Swap | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Almost Tons Swap

Making more room to stretch the legs!

IMG_20170320_181551522_zpsstvcmoxt.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anyone relocated their ECU into the engine bay? I removed my rocker panels and a portion of the front fender well. I'm now afraid of my tires/rocks destroying the wires going through the firewall. I'm not afraid to extend wires

Thanks yosty! I found that thread searching. My issue is where the wires enter the firewall. I try to avoid deep water if possible lol! Looks like I'm going to the junk yard to see if I can mount it like they do in the second gens.

I've gathered just about all the parts for a D44 TTB conversion. Really wanting to go solid axel tho, so might have my conversion brackets for sale soon if anyone is interested. Built for about 3" of lift. Also have a full front end off a 95-96 Bronco.

I've gathered just about all the parts for a D44 TTB conversion. Really wanting to go solid axel tho, so might have my conversion brackets for sale soon if anyone is interested. Built for about 3" of lift. Also have a full front end off a 95-96 Bronco.
How much are you going to be looking to get for the conversion brackets? Who makes them?

How much are you going to be looking to get for the conversion brackets? Who makes them?

I haven't really figured a price yet. They were built by a local fabricator that built a few sets years ago and had these left over. I know they are hard to come by tho. All 1/4 and 3/16 plate, Mig welded.

Wheels will also be for sale. 16" steel wheel beadlocks, not sure on brand, stamped "made in USA". The beadlocks were added by myself. 3/16 ring welded to the outside of the wheels. Can still mount tires like normal and have a bead stiffener.

Haven't been on here in a while. Expo looks more like a beer can these days. Thousands of dirt miles later. Been trying to decide D50 SAS or 44 TTB. Have about all the parts to do either

44 ttb!!!! Be different!!!

Getting close. Test run next weekend. Rigged a superduty master to the stock booster, hopefully it will stop! Drive shafts, shocks and brake lines! And always lots of wiring.

IMG_20190621_184118.jpg

IMG_20190621_184110.jpg

IMG_20190620_142715.jpg

Almost Tons.....I like it. The build is looking good

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back