2016-18 Police Utility Forscan Settings | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016-18 Police Utility Forscan Settings

I just did this a couple of days ago.

726-14-02 1414 1414 14*
726-26-01 *1** **** ****
720-01-01 ***? **** ****

Refer to post 4 in this thread and look at the possible values for ? in the Ipc new tab of the f150 settings.

The value you choose will depend on what other ipc options might be active. On mine it I set it to 3 because I have auto locks enabled as well as autolamps.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is it or is it just a plug? If it's flat on top it's just a plug.

Just a plug. I think I'll order the sensor and give it to our local police vehicle upfitter together with the switch. I'm sure they can figure it out.

I just did this a couple of days ago.

726-14-02 1414 1414 14*
726-26-01 *1** **** ****
720-01-01 ***? **** ****

Refer to post 4 in this thread and look at the possible values for ? in the Ipc new tab of the f150 settings.

The value you choose will depend on what other ipc options might be active. On mine it I set it to 3 because I have auto locks enabled as well as autolamps.

Since you seem to have a pretty good handle on this Forscan stuff, let me bother you again. I've installed the new switch with auto headlights function as well as the sensor on the dash (the harness was already there). The auto headlights now work (sort of). If the switch is in the auto position, the headlights come on with ignition on and go off with ignition off, which is almost all I need, but still it would be nice to actually have the light sensor function work as well. So, just to recap:

726-14-02 changes from whatever it was to 1414 1414 14* where the * denotes whatever is there already?
726-26-01 everything stays whatever it was except the second number goes to 1 from probably zero?
720-01-01 since I only want auto lamps, not autolocks what would "?" be?

Do I have that about right?

Got my dark mode/silent mode working now, though also without an IPC toggle. I've downloaded a new version of ForScan that seems to give an actual list of features to enable/disable without addresses. I don't think previous versions had that, at least I don't remember seeing it. Still working on the headlamps.

Post your 2016-18 Police Utility Forscan settings here.

Enable RKE
720-02-01 xxxx xxxx xCxx - RKE menu in IPC
726-38-01 x1xx xxxx xxxx
726-41-01 xxx4 xxxx xxxx
This is just to enable the full RKE functionality on the vehicle - There are 2 different fobs for 16+ PIUs (blue button for hatch or red button for panic - about $30-40 each) and in order to get the fobs to work, they will need to be programmed to the vehicle in IDS (check with your local dealer for cost).

Liftgate
726-37-02 x1xx xxxx xxxx Police Rear Door Config - enable overhead liftgate button/timer
726-37-02 x0xx xxxx xxxx liftgate will lock/unlock with door locks - disables overhead liftgate button and liftgate timer

Seatbelt minder
720-01-01 xxxx xx6x xxxx both on
_________xxxx xx2x xxxx driver off
_________xxxx xx4x xxxx passenger off
_________xxxx xx0x xxxx both off

AWD gauge cluster
720-01-01 xxxx x2xx xxxx

Dark Car/Silent Mode/Courtesy Lamp Disable
720-04-01 xxx4 xxxx xxxx this allows control in IPC menu (I believe this only works with PIU/base IPC)
726-32-01 xxxx x1xx xxxx activates the option
726-58-02 xxxx xxxx x1xx - IPC menu will toggle this from 1 enabled to 0 disabled (or you can set it yourself to enable feature if your IPC doesn't support the menu option)

Turn signal flashes - Partial list below - more available elsewhere if you want different # of flashes
724-01-01 xxxx x6xx xx 3 flashes
_________xxxx x8xx xx 4 flashes
_________xxxx xAxx xx 5 flashes

DRL
?

horn feedback on locking
726-38-02 xxx1 xxxx xxxx enable
_________xxx0 xxxx xxxx disable

light feedback on locking
726-56-01 xxxx xxxx x1xx enable
726-56-02 xxxx xxx1 xxxx enable

726-56-01 xxxx xxxx x0xx disable
726-56-02 xxxx xxx0 xxxx disable

disable key left in ignition warning chime
720-02-01 xx#x xxxx xxxx disable (subtract 8 from your current value for #)

12v powerpoint timeout
726-39-01 #### xxxx xxxx - #### is hex value for time on (ex. 1194 = 1hr 15 min, 012C = 5 min, 0001 = on/off with vehicle)

Right half of IPC display can show AUX switch status or vehicle image
720-04-02 xxxx 6xxx display AUX switch status
720-04-02 xxxx 4xxx display vehicle image

Disclaimer - this information is being provided for educational/entertainment purposes only - use it at your own risk

====================

Hi, thanks for posting this. I'm wondering if there's an explanation anywhere on the use of the xx's. For example, to enable horn feedback on locking, I'm pretty sure I would need to set a 1 in the first quad of settings, and 0 for disable. What do the rest of the X's mean - ignore the setting and just change the enable/disable number?

The Xs mean don't change them. Leave them the way they are currently set.

====================

Hi, thanks for posting this. I'm wondering if there's an explanation anywhere on the use of the xx's. For example, to enable horn feedback on locking, I'm pretty sure I would need to set a 1 in the first quad of settings, and 0 for disable. What do the rest of the X's mean - ignore the setting and just change the enable/disable number?
Welcome to the Forum Guy.:wave:

Peter

Have a ‘16 PIU and was curious if simply installing the sun load sensors and swapping out the lamp switch for the upgraded “auto” one is all I need to do to enable....

Your experience may vary, but for me that didn't quite work. Well...it worked sorta. It appears my BCM is not "seeing" the sun load sensor, so now if the headlight switch is in "Auto", the lights come on as soon as the ignition comes on. I actually had my dealer try to reprogram the BCM, but they were unsuccessful. There is an opinion out there that the harness is not actually plugged into the BCM, but I didn't investigate it further.

Have a ‘16 PIU and was curious if simply installing the sun load sensors and swapping out the lamp switch for the upgraded “auto” one is all I need to do....
Your experience may vary, but for me that didn't quite work. Well...it worked sorta. It appears my BCM is not "seeing" the sun load sensor, so now if the headlight switch is in "Auto", the lights come on as soon as the ignition comes on. I actually had my dealer try to reprogram the BCM, but they were unsuccessful. There is an opinion out there that the harness is not actually plugged into the BCM, but I didn't investigate it further.

Gotcha. Switch is @ $50. Sunload sensor @ $20. So I guess it’ll wait until a few of my other little projects for this baby are done.

Thanks!

Gotcha. Switch is @ $50. Sunload sensor @ $20. So I guess it’ll wait until a few of my other little projects for this baby are done.

Thanks!

Exactly, I mean worst case scenario is you end up basically with DRLs + taillights like what's going on with me. And that ain't bad.

Exactly, I mean worst case scenario is you end up basically with DRLs + taillights like what's going on with me. And that ain't bad.

One last q about the sun load sensor - does the dummy plug just pop out and the sensor plug in? Or do you have to remove the equipment tray, etc....?

One last q about the sun load sensor - does the dummy plug just pop out and the sensor plug in? Or do you have to remove the equipment tray, etc....?

Pops right out.

New version of forscan is out. Has alot of new features (most of the stuff from the as built list) are now added in

Anybody having issues with enabling dark car? I've programmed several through ForScan with just programming the BCM and not the IPC, but it seems like the 2019 PIUs won't take the program. Do I need to do both?

Also, can the PIU settings be used on civilian models too?

Thanks!

You can program dark car just in bcm for Pius or retail. Only Pius will accept ipc changes which allow the user to enable/disable setting through ipc menu. TTBOMK.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How do you add a switch for the police idle system to function?

And i cant seem to get Autolock to work. It shows in the menu but grey out. Auto unlock works tho.. Iv checked the forscan setting a few times and all are correct as the documents say they should be.. but just cant get that option to work.

Same with the auto engine off (I assumed that wouldnt really work anyways)

**EDIT**

Figured out the secure idle option. Parts on order and once they come in will see if its working on the 2017 PIU

Brings me to another option. Surveillance mode. This still a thing on the ford police vehicles? IF so how does that get turned on. Or is there a bunch of kits that need to be installed

Back