Hazard lights and door open error went haywire while driving | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hazard lights and door open error went haywire while driving

Milan Stojic

Reaction score
City, State
KATY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 explorer limited
Apologies if this is posted in a wrong section. I'm in dire need of some help.

I just parked my car after a 1000m drive and while it was parking all error codes for all 5 doors came on as they are open it was telling me to shift to park while on and running and all hazard lights came on. I can not turn the hazard lights off other than byd the battery.

Now I'm a 1000 m away from home and all tools and stuck.

Anyone had to deal with this before?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There have been issues with the Shift to Park warning but I don't recall that resulting in alarms for all doors. Shift to Park Warning Try playing with the shifter and the button on it to see if it does anything to clear up the situation.

Peter

Apologies if this is posted in a wrong section. I'm in dire need of some help.

I just parked my car after a 1000m drive and while it was parking all error codes for all 5 doors came on as they are open it was telling me to shift to park while on and running and all hazard lights came on. I can not turn the hazard lights off other than byd the battery.

Now I'm a 1000 m away from home and all tools and stuck.

Anyone had to deal with this before?

Ok i fixed it by removing the positive lead and leaving it for 10-15 min. Now worried if it might come back and why did it happen in the first place. ECU issue?

There have been issues with the Shift to Park warning but I don't recall that resulting in alarms for all doors. Shift to Park Warning Try playing with the shifter and the button on it to see if it does anything to clear up the situation.

Peter
Thanks Peter

Doesn't seem to be related to shift to park issue. I've seen that one. This was very strange though

It's been mentioned before, dying batteries can cause odd electronic issues with these vehicles.
Maybe clean the terminals a little bit more to make sure they have good connection? Since you removed and reconnected, maybe it was just a poor connection at the terminals?

How old is the battery? Might be time to replace.
I just replaced mine. It started fine in the morning, but when I went to leave from work it was toast. Couldn't even jump it. It was 5 years old.

It's been mentioned before, dying batteries can cause odd electronic issues with these vehicles.
Maybe clean the terminals a little bit more to make sure they have good connection? Since you removed and reconnected, maybe it was just a poor connection at the terminals?

How old is the battery? Might be time to replace.
I just replaced mine. It started fine in the morning, but when I went to leave from work it was toast. Couldn't even jump it. It was 5 years old.

It's fairly recent. About 1.5y. although I've seen batteries go bad faster. Never had a problem with it though. Always starts immediately, cold or warm. Not even a hiccup. Terminals are pretty clean so that wouldn't be an issue. Connection was tightly screwed on

For safety reasons, when you disconnect the battery cable, do so by removing the Negative cable, not the positive.

Peter

Back