Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
Ok guys,
I just wanted to drop a line in here recommending Ped5stang as a vendor for quality used explorer hard parts.

I have been to his place a few times now. Seen it all for myself, and I can assure you Terry has a lot of nice parts ready to go out to you.

Most impressive was the transmission rack. Mainly v8's, but man there were a bunch of them.
Just send him a message or post in the auto parts for sale thread he has going. I tell you, it is like an Explorer garage sale up there.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166984&highlight=ped5stang

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok guys,
I just wanted to drop a line in here recommending Ped5stang as a vendor for quality used explorer hard parts.

I have been to his place a few times now. Seen it all for myself, and I can assure you Terry has a lot of nice parts ready to go out to you.

Most impressive was the transmission rack. Mainly v8's, but man there were a bunch of them.
Just send him a message or post in the auto parts for sale thread he has going. I tell you, it is like an Explorer garage sale up there.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166984&highlight=ped5stang

This guy is awesome! Thanks for the connection!

Need lower window track front drivers side for a 97

Looking for the two fuel lines (return and supply I believe) that connect in the front drivers side wheel well and then travel up and under the upper intake and connect to the fuel rail for a 97 explorer. PITA to change and not sure what they are called.

Would a steering wheel cover be a simple way to resolve this?

EDIT.... oh, looks like you have tried this from photo.

Is this elite forum, etc? because i cant seem to access it.

The "Elite" is a paid membership. It's not a separate forum.

Link doesn’t work because ped5stang is no longer a site vendor.

I'm looking for an Explorer emblem nameplate thats on the tailgate for a 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer. The part number is F87Z-7842528-VAA. I can't find the part anywhere online because its discontinued. You can get the silver one but not the tan one for the Eddie Bauer. Anyone have any ideas?

Paint it tan?

Man it's a shame this is a defunct link, I was going to message him about a V8 woodgrain radio trim.

The used Gen II radio bezels (wood grain and black) used to be all over eBay, but now they're pretty rare (especially the wood grain ones). I bought one out of a Mountaineer for my '01 EB back in 2012. I believe all the Mountaineers and Limited Expl's had the wood grain bezels. I paid around $40 for it then, but later I sold my old black one for around $35 IIRC.

That's a nice 4WD, I might get that if nothing else, I love the wood grain against the tan interior. I actually found a 2WD online for $70, which is a perfect match, I have one more place I'm going to check this week, before dropping that much, he has a yard but keeps select vehicles that he doesn't let the public pick off of, he might let me look in those.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good luck for that. I have an AWD/2WD bezel I got painted carbon fiber along with several interior parts, but if I put in the BW4406 I'll have to have a 4WD version. Matching the CF pattern would not be easy. Part hunting is a special activity.

Back