Driver's Side Seat Motor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Driver's Side Seat Motor

Reaction score
City, State
Logan County, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer XLT (base)
Motor works in all directions except back. So my 5'4" wife is the only one who can drive it. Mechanic shop said motor probably doesn't need to be replaced, just a linkage. Anyone had this issue before?

Motor works in all directions except back. So my 5'4" wife is the only one who can drive it. Mechanic shop said motor probably doesn't need to be replaced, just a linkage. Anyone had this issue before?
The good news is that you will get shorter as you get older so you will eventually be able to drive it again!

Seriously, I haven't had that problem but the motor sounds good so it's time to pull the seat and figure out the connections and trouble shoot. But first - are you sure there isn't something blocking it from moving back? You did a visual inspection behind the seat right?

if the motor moves forward then it will work in reverse I would look for something electrical because its not getting the reverse polarity needed for both directions.... id take the seat out and first jump the connector in both directions and check if its jammed and then it might be the switch that is broken and then a relay

I have the same problem but reverse mind goes back easily but only works sometimes going forward.... I have not dug into it yet but we'll watch this threat in case you do first, currently I think I might need to replace my rear diff so..... Not driving it

Back