2020 0ff the lot

KMB505

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer XLT
I knew when I saw the 2020 reveal that I had to try out this vehicle. I've been watching for them to show up on dealer lots to test drive one. Finally there were a couple on opposite ends of the county. This particular 2020 Silver Spruce XLT showed up on July 3rd at one of my preferred dealers. Took a drive out to see it on the 4th and finally test drove it the 5th (yesterday at this writing). And drove it home 2 hours later. It's a pleasure to drive. Handles very well with improved visibility. Comfortable cabin with easy controls. The new screen is easy to work your way thru the menus. The 2.3l 1-4 Ecoboost gets the job done. Surprised at that one, after having only V6 engines for nearly 20 years. This thing is getting people's attention out there. Definitely a head turner. It's a beautiful vehicle that's fun to drive. Love it!

Edit.. this replaced a 2015 Explorer XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any pics?

I knew when I saw the 2020 reveal that I had to try out this vehicle. I've been watching for them to show up on dealer lots to test drive one. Finally there were a couple on opposite ends of the county. This particular 2020 Silver Spruce XLT showed up on July 3rd at one of my preferred dealers. Took a drive out to see it on the 4th and finally test drove it the 5th (yesterday at this writing). And drove it home 2 hours later. It's a pleasure to drive. Handles very well with improved visibility. Comfortable cabin with easy controls. The new screen is easy to work your way thru the menus. The 2.3l 1-4 Ecoboost gets the job done. Surprised at that one, after having only V6 engines for nearly 20 years. This thing is getting people's attention out there. Definitely a head turner. It's a beautiful vehicle that's fun to drive. Love it!

Edit.. this replaced a 2015 Explorer XLT

What did you drive before this?

Just took the pics this morning.
IMG_20190707_100419519_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190707_100429029_HDR.jpg

Traded in the 2015 Explorer XLT

Very nice!

She's a stunner!! Congrats!

Okay, I'm jealous, but in the good way. For my taste, it's rare to admit that new model evolutions are much for the better. In your case, I have to say you've scored big-time. She's the berries!! Tip o' me cap for your pix. Your 3/4 shot (#2) is worthy of a sales brochure cover. Congrats on the blessed event...
:party:...

Is it just me...or does anyone notice a bit of an homage to the early '60's Mustangs in the door panel contours?...
...Stang

I'm glad someone got an XLT to evaluate. If I eventually buy one, it will be the XLT trim. I'm not in the market for a $60,000 Ford Explorer. I am currently driving a 2016 with the 2.3L Ecoboost and it's been a good engine, returning 26.5 on the highway and right at 22 in combined driving.

If I eventually buy one, it will be the XLT trim. I'm not in the market got a $60,000 Ford Explorer.

We were thinking the same thing. When I took the XLT and added equivalent things that came to $49,430. I did this so as to compare to the Limited which came out to $54,545.00. Still not sure what we'll do.

We were thinking the same thing. When I took the XLT and added equivalent things that came to $49,430. I did this so as to compare to the Limited which came out to $54,545.00. Still not sure what we'll do.

What happened to the XLTs for under $40,000? I had a 2014 XLT for $36,000. Ford has lost their minds with this pricing scenario.

What happened to the XLTs for under $40,000? I had a 2014 XLT for $36,000. Ford has lost their minds with this pricing scenario.

The fact dealers cant keep them on the lots and looking at everyone on here getting STs, I dont think Ford lost their mind.

And here you go.. this could easily be had for $33k with a PCO.

Screenshot_20190715-081934_Chrome.jpg

shame it's grey.

(sorry had to - when I get one it might be rental car white if the wifey picks)

Glad to hear they sell well and my question since you came form a 15. Is the leg room better - my only real issue with our 2016 is the front legroom for someone 6'3 and girthy is snug on long trips. Bigger issue is really the foot space.

I hear there is more room underthere and the wheel arch is further forward but I've not sat in one to find out.

shame it's grey.

(sorry had to - when I get one it might be rental car white if the wifey picks)

Glad to hear they sell well and my question since you came form a 15. Is the leg room better - my only real issue with our 2016 is the front legroom for someone 6'3 and girthy is snug on long trips. Bigger issue is really the foot space.

I hear there is more room underthere and the wheel arch is further forward but I've not sat in one to find out.

The leg room is improved on front and second rows. The third is manageable with adjusting the second row. The front feels roomier width wise as well. Very comfortable.

The wheel arch is pushed forward and the left leg can fully stretch out.

Overall this vehicle is so much better than the 15.

According to the brochure I have on the 2017, the front row legroom is 42.9" max. The 2020 is 43". 2017 shoulder room 61.5", 2020 is 61.8", 2017 hip room 57.3", 2020 is 59.2". headroom drops from 41.4" to 40.7" in the 2020. So really there is very little change in dimensions. Legroom in the 2020 for the 2nd and 3rd rows is actually slightly less than the 2017 according to the specs I have.

Peter

Back