Finally ordered my 2020 ST Rich Copper! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally ordered my 2020 ST Rich Copper!

Matthew Striz

Reaction score
City, State
Boonon NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
A little late to the ordering table but wanted to make sure I waited past the 2 month start production mark, hoping to eliminate any of the additional beginning production delivery delays.

Placed the order for my Rich Copper, ST with high performance pack, premium tech pack, and twin panel moon roof July 1st.

Can't wait to get my VIN so I can see some info on it. They said with my options and color 10-12 week lead time so hoping its closer to the 10 week. *Fingers Crossed* last vehicle I ordered was my 2013 Mustang GT premium and that got delivered without a flaw and on the early side... hoping ill be that lucky again!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A little late to the ordering table but wanted to make sure I waited past the 2 month start production mark, hoping to eliminate any of the additional beginning production delivery delays.

Placed the order for my Rich Copper, ST with high performance pack, premium tech pack, and twin panel moon roof July 1st.

Can't wait to get my VIN so I can see some info on it. They said with my options and color 10-12 week lead time so hoping its closer to the 10 week. *Fingers Crossed* last vehicle I ordered was my 2013 Mustang GT premium and that got delivered without a flaw and on the early side... hoping ill be that lucky again!

Congrats on the order. Just a couple things to think about. It has been reported that the Track Pack has very touchy/sensitive brakes and does not make a good DD. Also, the only difference between Street and Track is the pads for $600. You would be better off getting the Street Pack and ordering the Track pack pads separately for far cheaper.

Just something to think about...

Congrats on the order. Just a couple things to think about. It has been reported that the Track Pack has very touchy/sensitive brakes and does not make a good DD. Also, the only difference between Street and Track is the pads for $600. You would be better off getting the Street Pack and ordering the Track pack pads separately for far cheaper.

Just something to think about...

Thanks! I did test drive one that had it and I did notice that, it wont be a DD but that's something ill see if I can change since its so early in the ordering process. Didn't realize that the only difference was the pads. Kinda had that excited been waiting 6 months to place the order trigger happy I want it loaded mindset haha... I appreciate the info!!

Hope it works out perfect!

Welcome to the Forum Matthew.:wave:
.......and like an expectant father, the pacing begins.;)

Peter

Welcome to the forum, and I hope it comes in with perfect paint and all else.

I see the Taurus SHO in your car info, were you looking at the 400hp MKZ at all, which is going away now? I'm aiming for the 2017/18 model of that 3.0T, yet to find one that's just right yet.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope it comes in with perfect paint and all else.

I see the Taurus SHO in your car info, were you looking at the 400hp MKZ at all, which is going away now? I'm aiming for the 2017/18 model of that 3.0T, yet to find one that's just right yet.

Yes, love my SHO but we need something bigger that can fit 6 for traveling and something that can tow a high side pop-up. So I’ll be trading it in. I did consider the aviator but with all the options it’s out of my price range... and We did look at those when looking for a car a second car but the spouse liked the Nautilus better, ended up gettin it with the 6cly twin turbo.

Very good, my kind of Ford guy. I prefer about five year old cars, I have had excellent results from most that I've found that way. I wanted the original Aviator, but they only lasted three years and I was tied up with work truck stuff, time fly's.

The dealer I ordered my truck at just updated their site and it has a order for a St that is exactly the same as mine options color and everything. I called and asked about my order and they said that they haven't gotten a vin or any information yet about my truck.
My 1st question is I have the window sticker pulled up... is there any way to see from the window sticker if it was dealer (stock) ordered or retail which should be what my order would show up as? build date from the sticker shows a build date for the week of july 21st.
my other question is If its not the one I ordered do you think the dealer would let me buy that one when it comes in since it is exactly the same one?

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect...iz5GA3PrWNG9spUmkewUM2JBBdx53H+gUH+SAvvVIxjs=

Without question it is a dealer stock order. My order placed on May 24th with a Priority 10 is scheduled Aug 2nd. There is zero chance your July 1st order was scheduled 3 weeks after.

Especially with the plant being down till July 8th, there was no scheduling being done during the 6/28-7/8 shutdown.

The week of 6/24, Ford was scheduling orders for the week of 9/2. So with your July order, I'd bet it would be around mid Sept for a build.

I guess the only way to find out is to ask the dealer.

Peter

That's what I was thinking because no way could it be that quick, do you think they would give me a hassle if I wanted to buy that one instead since its the exact same one?

If it's virtually the same they shouldn't. But does it have the track pack, higher end brake pads, or the street version?

That's what I was thinking because no way could it be that quick, do you think they would give me a hassle if I wanted to buy that one instead since its the exact same one?

I dont see why they would. You are not locked into the purchase.. why not close a sale earlier.. no brainer to me on both ends.

If it's virtually the same they shouldn't. But does it have the track pack, higher end brake pads, or the street version?
It has the street version, which I was going to have them change my order to anyways. I’m hoping they let me do it. Because the price difference is only 2/300 bucks

I dont see why they would. You are not locked into the purchase.. why not close a sale earlier.. no brainer to me on both ends.
That’s what I was thinking... going to call first thing tomorrow and see what they say.

It has the street version, which I was going to have them change my order to anyways. I’m hoping they let me do it. Because the price difference is

Excellent, you get your dream truck much sooner than expected. Good luck,

*update*
vin I got was wrong, they put 3 vehicles under the same order number my truck, an explorer XLT and a F150. The only vehicle that shows up with a VIN is the XLT which is the one they gave me. Ford (800-334-4375) said that something is wrong because every vehicle should have a separate order number and not linked together. dealer manager is on vacation so ill have to try back end of the week or next week, hoping this doesn't set me back to the beginning of the 12 weeks time line wise.

*update*
It’s been 6 weeks since my order, Got an email from the manager. They have delivery time of mid September again... went from mid September was moved to mid October 2 weeks ago now back to where I was which I’m happy about but they still won’t give me/or have a VIN for me which is rather frustrating. I don’t see how then can have an estimated delivery date or any information at all with them not having an actual VIN.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

*update*
It’s been 6 weeks since my order, Got an email from the manager. They have delivery time of mid September again... went from mid September was moved to mid October 2 weeks ago now back to where I was which I’m happy about but they still won’t give me/or have a VIN for me which is rather frustrating. I don’t see how then can have an estimated delivery date or any information at all with them not having an actual VIN.

If they have a date, they have a VIN. Currently VINS are assigned about a week after the order is placed.

Back