• Register Today It's free!

aFe Pro Dry S Filter - 3.5L NA

Mekks082

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Explorer ST
Anyone installed this in a 3.5L NA engine? I have a 2016 Explorer limited.

The website does not list it, and email from them says they do not offer a filter for the NA version.

Only reason i'm asking.... other 3rd party websites/stores list it as fitting the 3.5L NA explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I could not find any posts other than yours with that product name using the Forum's 'Search' feature. There are threads on other types of filters but I believe that several members have posted that the OEM is a very good one.

Peter

Anyone installed this in a 3.5L NA engine? I have a 2016 Explorer limited.

The website does not list it, and email from them says they do not offer a filter for the NA version.

Only reason i'm asking.... other 3rd party websites/stores list it as fitting the 3.5L NA explorer.
Hello MekksO82, aFe does make an cai for your Explorer it is called the Magnum Force Stage 2 Pro 5R CAI System # 54-12622 (long winded name) it is listed for the flex but works for 2016- 2017 Exploers with the 3.5 n/a engine. I have a 2017 and have this on mine and love it. It uses the OEM lower air box and you can order it with a cover so it is a true cai. If you want the true benifits of the cai besides the extra noise consider hetting a tuner like Livernois. If you look on amazon you can get the aFe for about $20.00 less. Good luck.
DEF094AA-B043-4F7F-9928-DFCF75404D90.jpeg
6445CEF0-08BE-4F91-BC9D-CE513D7F6512.jpeg

Hello MekksO82, aFe does make an cai for your Explorer it is called the Magnum Force Stage 2 Pro 5R CAI System # 54-12622 (long winded name) it is listed for the flex but works for 2016- 2017 Exploers with the 3.5 n/a engine. I have a 2017 and have this on mine and love it. It uses the OEM lower air box and you can order it with a cover so it is a true cai. If you want the true benifits of the cai besides the extra noise consider hetting a tuner like Livernois. If you look on amazon you can get the aFe for about $20.00 less. Good luck.View attachment 171718View attachment 171717

A little more than I was looking to spend. Had hoped to find a drop in dry filter that I could wash.

A little more than I was looking to spend. Had hoped to find a drop in dry filter that I could wash.

I have an AEM Dry Flow drop in I bought for my 2011 ford Edge in my 16. Direct drop in.

Part number 28-20395.

I have the AEM... no difference in sound, mileage, etc.

Just wanted to give you a quick update, after checking OEM filter numbers the ford edge 07-14 and my 2016 explorer 3.5NA they have the same air filter.

I purchased the 31-10215 Dry-s for the edge/flex and it’s a direct fit for the 2016 explorer 3.5NA.

Just wanted to give you a quick update, after checking OEM filter numbers the ford edge 07-14 and my 2016 explorer 3.5NA they have the same air filter.

I purchased the 31-10215 Dry-s for the edge/flex and it’s a direct fit for the 2016 explorer 3.5NA.
Glad you found what you wanted. Let us know how you like it and any difference you may notice byween it and the oem filter.

Hi, do you have any updates on this filter?

Power, throttle response, mpg difference?

Thanks

LOOOOONG video, but scroll thru it to the charts, to make your own opinions of results cost/effectiveness.

LOOOOONG video, but scroll thru it to the charts, to make your own opinions of results cost/effectiveness.

I´ve seen this. It does not test AFE filters. Also the oiled version of the AFE is better than the K&N. I´ve seen other tests that use AFE but is the Pro7. Nothing on Pro Dry S or 5r AFE filters.

Back